Recipe Thread: Desserts

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here's a desert recipe I found, I got it off of LDS Living so it feeds like, nine people.

Ingredients

6 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
sliced almonds
Instructions

Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine 3 rolls together and roll into a 9x9-inch square. Place in a sprayed 9x9-inch baking pan. Pre-bake crust at 350ºF 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Roll remaining 3 rolls into a second 9x9-inch square. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and almond extract and mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust. Remove plastic wrap from second dough square. Place dough over cream cheese mixture. Brush with butter. Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the butter brushed dough and top with almonds. Bake at 350ºF 25-30 minutes. Let cool in pan and then cut into squares to serve

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 18th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Banana Cream Pie (aka easiest dessert of all time)

1 box instant banana pudding
Milk
Graham Cracker Crust
Cool Whip

Combine banana pudding mix and milk according to package directions
Pour into pie crust
Refridgerate for at least 1/2 hour
Top wtih cool whip
January 18th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies (well, according to my dad they're famous)

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup butter flavored crisco
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chips of your choice (I like to do 1/2 dark chocolate, 1/2 butterscotch)

Beat crisco and sugars together until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs. Gradually mix in dry ingredients, and add the chips last. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375* for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cooking rack for 2 minutes or they'll fall apart.

January 18th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yumm! these desserts sound delicious!

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 18th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't feel like baking, but these all look so good. Is there somewhere I can place an order?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search