Tami! How are the twins?

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL I think that's your name, I'm really bad at remembering names so if I got it wrong, please forgive me. How are the twins? How's the rest of your family doing?

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."

Last edited by future_adoption_mommy; May 20th, 2011 at 03:11 PM.
May 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The twins are doing well. They are growing like crazy. I weighed them using my Wii Fit this past Tuesday when they were 7 weeks and Ellie weighs 9lbs 2oz (5lbs 6oz at birth) and Emma weighs 7lbs 13oz (5lbs even at birth).

Ellie eats a lot more than Emma does, I think she's always going to be the bigger one.

We even went on a picnic last Saturday (not yesterday) with their birth mom. It's great having an open adoption. Of course I'm sure that's partly because their birth mom is such a great woman. If she was anything like a few we met along the way, I don't think we'd want to have as much openness as we do with the twins birth mom.

We also got bills for the girls from the hospital. Their birth mom's medicare was supposed to cover the time frame prior to placement, which was pretty much all of the hospital stay. I can see them not wanting to pay the discharge day since that's when placement occurred, but not prior to that. Now we have to straighten that mess out. It looks like it wasn't submitted to insurance at all like it was supposed to be. Thank goodness we do have an open adoption and can talk to their birth mom about this. I can't imagine how difficult it would be with a closed adoption.

May 22nd, 2011, 12:40 PM
Ashl3y
Glad they are doing so well and that you do have such a great relationship with the birth mother! I'm sure that's better for everyone involved.
May 23rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, it sounds like things are going great! From the point of view of an adopted child, open adoptions are great! They take a lot of communication between both sets of parents, but when used properly they work out great.

If you don't mind my asking....is the birth father involved at all??

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
May 23rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Lynsann's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like thing are going well! I hope you get the insurance mess worked out. It can be such a hassle.
May 23rd, 2011, 07:11 PM
The birth father is not involved. We don't know much about him. What our birth mom told us was that he was on parole when she met him and that he's Irish. When he found out that our birth mom was pregnant, he got abusive and she had to get a restraining order against him. As far as our birth mom knows, he's not even in the state anymore.

May 23rd, 2011, 11:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, wow if he's abusive I'm glad that he's not involved. I ddn't say this before but I hope you get the insurance mess cleared up!

The only reason I asked about the birthdad is because my birthdad is one of the "one in a million" birthdads in that he was really involved in the pregnancy (involved in a good way) and I really enjoy having him in my life.

May 24th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad things are going well with the girls! What a blessing to have them in your life!
May 24th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Well, I called about the bill and they already had the medicare info for the girls, they just didn't bill them for some reason. Weird. So, now they are billing there and told me to disregard the bills. Thank goodness. Each bill was $360! That's not something I wanted to have to pay, although we would have if it ended up needing to.

While the birth father isn't involved, their birth mom's boyfriend is. He was there supporting the birth mom through most of the pregnancy and through placement. He's a great guy. So, while he isn't biologically their father, he'll be around to fill in the place of a birth father.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search