LDS cookbook that talks about preparedness

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 11:26 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Hello ladies. I am Jessi I don't come down to this board as I am not a member of an LDS church. Although have looked into it . I spend most of my time on pregnancy loss and pregnancy after loss so if you have been there I might know you .
I am popping in today because DH keeps talking about this cookbook at an LDS store that the first part is about stocking up and storing food for a year. We would like to have a better emergency stock than we do currently and he thinks this might help. Does anyone have or know of this cookbook? Do you like it/recommend it? He wants to get it next week. I thought I might ask if any of you nice ladies had any suggestions. Thanks for any help.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 18th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There are a few books out there that are on food storage and recipes. So, I don't know what you are talking about specifically. My dh and I get a lot of our info online. To help get you started here are a few websites we refer to often:

This one I like because they make it simple and they are on fb and you can ask anything you want on there. Plus, they have "baby step" check lists you can sign up for to be sent to your email... one of my favorites.
Food Storage Made Easy

This is the church's very BASICS for food storage recommendations. But it's a start and there is other preparedness info on here as well.
Welfare and Self Reliance Principles | ProvidentLiving.org

Here's a website with some recipes using food storage.
Recipes preparednesspath

I hope this helps a little. If you would like to know anything else on preparedness just send me a pm and I will be more then happy to help you. Preparedness in a whole can seem very over whelming but just make a goal as to where you want to be and take small steps to get there. That's what dh and I have been doing sense we got married... we are getting little by little and it's coming together for us. Good luck in your new adventure.

Btw, welcome to the board. Hope you stick around w/us. We have a great group of ladies here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search