Do you think this would work for the girls blessings and sealing?

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was looking at The Children's Place website today and in their sale items they have this dress: baby girl - embroidered sash dress | Children's Clothing | Kids Clothes | The Children's Place

The price is just awesome and I'm thinking it may work for at least their blessings if not the sealing. What do you gals think?

June 28th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I don't know the rules for sealing dresses for children. That's definitely something to maybe call the temple desk and ask what rules they have (other than it being white, obviously) But it's beautiful and it would definitely work for the blessings!

June 28th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is it white? It looks kind of cream coloured....

June 28th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargatemommy View Post
Is it white? It looks kind of cream coloured....
I was trying to figure that out myself. They are calling the color coconut and coconut is white, but who really knows. It's so hard to tell from pics online. I guess I can always order them and then return them if they aren't white.

June 28th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They are beautiful!! Definitely appropriate for a blessing. There is no rule about a blessing outfit being perfectly white... as far as I know. Charlie was in blue at his blessing.
June 29th, 2011, 08:38 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
It kind of looks off white and would work perfectly for the blessing. I believe that you need long sleeves for the sealing dresses. It is such a cute dress!!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

June 29th, 2011, 02:07 PM
For babies it doesn't have to be long sleeved. The one the sell at the distribution center has short sleeves that are actually see through sleeves. Sweet Pea Infant's Dress - LDS Online Store

I decided to order a couple. Even if they can't use them for the sealing, the price was too good to pass up.

June 29th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetch View Post
They are beautiful!! Definitely appropriate for a blessing. There is no rule about a blessing outfit being perfectly white... as far as I know. Charlie was in blue at his blessing.
Yeah, Patrick was in yellow and khaki, and Allison's dress has pink trim. There's no dress rule for blessings at all as far as I'm aware. Putting them in white is more of a tradition (the same goes for confirmations, too, by the way. I was confirmed in a regular Sunday dress. I don't remember what color it was, but it wasn't white.)

June 29th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
Yeah, Patrick was in yellow and khaki, and Allison's dress has pink trim. There's no dress rule for blessings at all as far as I'm aware. Putting them in white is more of a tradition (the same goes for confirmations, too, by the way. I was confirmed in a regular Sunday dress. I don't remember what color it was, but it wasn't white.)
I was confirmed in a regular dress, too. I think it was dark green. It was the same dress I wore to my baptism. I wonder if wearing white dresses is more of a recent tradition, because I don't think anyone wore all white when I was that age. Or at least it didn't seem like a necessity.
July 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Those look PERFECT for blessing. So cute!!! And a good deal to boot! I also am not familiar with the requirements for sealing attire, but I hope that those dresses work for that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetch View Post
I was confirmed in a regular dress, too. I think it was dark green. It was the same dress I wore to my baptism. I wonder if wearing white dresses is more of a recent tradition, because I don't think anyone wore all white when I was that age. Or at least it didn't seem like a necessity.
Yeah, I was in a regular Sunday dress too.
July 5th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Lynsann's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE them! They are so beautiful! I don't know about the sealing, but perfect for the blessing! GREAT price!
July 5th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think the dress is beautiful Tami! When is the sealing? I'm so excited for you!

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
July 8th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Well, the dresses came yesterday. Coconut is most definitely cream and not white. Since it was such a great deal we are keeping the dresses for the girls to wear on Sundays.

There's no set sealing date, yet. We can't have them sealed to us nor have their baby blessings until after the adoption is finalized. We can't finalize until after Oct 1st and we don't have a court date just yet. As soon as we have a court date, we'll be able to schedule the sealing. I'm hoping we can have a court date somewhere between the 3rd and 7th so we can do the sealing on my birthday which is the 8th.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search