Super Random Question....

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2011, 07:16 PM
meggie2685
SO I posted this in the Am I pregnant board,but I wanted some LDS opinions too....

Has anyone dreamed that they were pregnant and then found out they were? I've had dreams where I was pregnant before, and I have never actually been pregnant, but the other night I had this dream that I was walking along and all of a sudden I KNEW with every bone in my body that I was pregnant and it was going to be a boy. It felt SOOO real. Then the next day (in real life, not dream life!) my husband says, "So last night I dreamed you had a baby at our home ( I want a home birth) and it was a boy that looked just like me" Random right? Same night, and my husband has NEVER dreamed about us having kids. Anyways, just wanted to know if it had ever happened to anyone else. I want a baby so bad!
June 28th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It has happened to me a couple times, but I think it coincidence, I dreamt a lot of babies and I was pregnant a lot....

I did have a dream about a month before Peter was born about his birth. In my dream he came out looking like he does now. Not how he did when he was born ......

June 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
meggie2685
I am so hoping that it comes true, but I am scared to get my hopes up, as I have gotten hopes up about being pregnant before and it hasn't happened yet. Thanks for responding!
June 29th, 2011, 01:08 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I usually dream of my greatest wish, or biggest fear. It is not necessarily a premonition. It can be, but is usually just our subconscious telling us what is on our mind. I hope that you do get pregnant and have a little boy! But, dreams shouldn't get our hopes up.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

June 29th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dreams can be more than just dreams, but most of the time they are just dreams. If you want to know if it was more than that, you could always pray and ask Heavenly Father to help you know.

I've had a couple dreams that were more vivid and were definitely revelations from Heavenly Father. Both of them involved the twins in different ways.

June 29th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I actually have had a few premonition dreams, but not since before I was married.

Last June, however, I did get a distinct impression that it was time for us to get pregnant again. Not the same thing, but a little related. I get super super super sick for the entire pregnancy, and my first was a full term stillbirth, so it takes a lot for me to be mentally prepared for the idea, and I was very resistant. But the impression was that there was another little girl waiting to be part of our family, and that it was time for her to come. It took me 6 months to talk DH into it, but here I am, 2 months away from having another little girl. So we can definitely get impressions about our children.

I agree with Tami. You can ask if it's a real impression or not, and hopefully that gives you a clearer answer. I've had to do that before when I've dreamed of something, like Rachel said, that was either my greatest wish or worst fear.

June 29th, 2011, 04:59 PM
meggie2685
Thank you so much for your advice. I did pray about it the other night, but I have always been one that struggled with "feeling" what I want to feel, so I am still unclear. I guess I will just have to wait a bit longer and then take a test to find out. Thanks for all your help!!
June 29th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by meggie2685 View Post
Thank you so much for your advice. I did pray about it the other night, but I have always been one that struggled with "feeling" what I want to feel, so I am still unclear. I guess I will just have to wait a bit longer and then take a test to find out. Thanks for all your help!!
Of course "wait and find out" might be the answer. lol I get answers like that all the time. "Just be patient Brittanie..." lol

June 30th, 2011, 05:17 PM
meggie2685
Yeah, me too!! I keep thinking I've mastered being patient and then God reminds me I haven't! Lol.
July 1st, 2011, 09:54 AM
Ashl3y
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogeek View Post
I usually dream of my greatest wish, or biggest fear. It is not necessarily a premonition. It can be, but is usually just our subconscious telling us what is on our mind. I hope that you do get pregnant and have a little boy! But, dreams shouldn't get our hopes up.
I did dream that I was pregnant just before I found out I was pregnant with Olivia, but I have also dreamed that I was pregnant when I was not.
July 1st, 2011, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did have a dream that I was pregnant, and I was, and it was before I got a positive test; however I think it was just a dream. I knew I might be pregnant, so it was on my mind a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggie2685 View Post
Thank you so much for your advice. I did pray about it the other night, but I have always been one that struggled with "feeling" what I want to feel, so I am still unclear.
I know what you mean.
July 1st, 2011, 03:49 PM
meggie2685
Yeah, I've had several dreams where I was pregnant, and never have been, but this one just felt different. Plus it wasn't so much a dream where I was pregnant it was a dream of me being told I was pregnant. It didn't feel like a normal dream. Basically I guess I was just wondering if people thought God COULD communicate through dreams. Not that He always does, cause I do think dreams are just dreams a lot of the time, but sometimes I feel like I wake up from a dream feeling like it was a spiritual dream, rather than just an everyday normal dreams, and thats how I felt with this one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search