Adoption and baby blessing

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2011, 04:34 PM
meggie2685
My husband and I are looking in to adoption and it has made me curious. When you adopt a baby can you bless them when they are a couple months old or do you have to wait until the adoption is finalized at six months? Just curious! Thanks!!
August 14th, 2011, 09:06 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I believe that you bless them when the adoption is finalized. There is a lady here that adopted twins and would know the exact answer.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 15th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yeah, I believe that any ordinance needs to wait until the adoption is finalized. But you can bless a child until they're quite a bit older. My nephew was blessed at a year, and I had a cousin who was nearly two.

August 25th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just lurking...

My little sister just adopted a little girl. They have to wait for the adoption to be finalized to bless her and to have her sealed to them...

August 28th, 2011, 07:19 AM
My aunt has adopted 5 children. All 5 were blessed at 6 months when the adoption was finalized. They made a special weekend where the new baby was sealed to them on the Saturday and was blessed on Sunday.

Our last baby was blessed at 6 months because we waited for my brother-in-law to be home from his mission. He was really fun too because he was so alert so the family got to enjoy his sweet personality and I didn't have to worry about the "pass the baby" game that seems to go on after the blessing, which was nice because I worry about the tiny ones getting sick so young.
September 22nd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I disappeared from the JM boards as life has been busy. Yes, you do have to wait to bless the baby until after finalization. Our twins will be six months on the 29th of this month, finalization can't occur until six months after placement, which will be on Oct 1st and the soonest court date we could get is Oct 17th.

I know that someone in our ward wasn't able to get a court date for finalization until the baby was 7 1/2 months. So, it really just depends.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search