Hey ladies!

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2011, 10:28 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I was exploring deep down on the JM boards and just found this! I know so many of you!

Anyway, a few of you might know that I am LDS. We did lapse with church since moving to Texas (I missed my last ward so badly and just did not feel right here). I did give it another chance with all the bad things happening with us. I felt I needed some faith to get me through. We started back at church with some urging of the missionaries (I kind of broke down in front of them) and I am glad that we did. I know it may or may not be a testimony, but since going back to church things just feel right and good things have already started happening to us. I already have a calling too (I guess the bishop wanted to lock us down and keep us from straying again, lol) teaching the teenagers . Lol.

Anyway, we still have our temple recommends and I just need to work at getting temple worthy again. Plus my hubby needs to baptize our daughter who turned 8 this year.

I truly hope that getting back into church helps me spiritually. For a while there I was questioning my faith with all the bad happening to us. But then I realized that God did not leave me, I left him.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
September 1st, 2011, 10:45 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I was just about to PM you an invite to come down to this board!!! It is amazing how many of us LDS ladies are in TTCAL and PAL. It is kind of sad to think about actually.

I am excited that you are getting back to church and enjoying it. One thing I hate with my ward is that we have been there a YEAR and we still have NO CALLING!!! I feel useless and out of place and it has really made me struggle this last year. It is amazing how callings can help us in our faith the most.

Well, welcome to the board. I am excited to have another wonderful lady here!

ETA: My brother has been away from church for a while and the biggest thing that has him coming back is that his son (from his first marriage) has practically begged my brother to baptize him. That will be so cool for your DH to baptize your daughter.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 1st, 2011, 12:48 PM
I know. She really wants him to baptize her. He baptized our son almost 2 years ago. The hardest thing to do is to get back into church, but I am glad I did it. It's so good to see others on here who share the same beliefs.

September 2nd, 2011, 10:33 AM
babyandbriana's Avatar Veteran
WELCOME!!

I'm so glad you're here... This is a great board, and we're always happy to have another member on.

Thanks to tasha_mae for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!
September 3rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks!

September 3rd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
When I saw that thread on PAL I thought "Hey, I didn't know Lindsey was a member!" I was going to PM you too.

So welcome to our little neck of the woods! Church really helped me get through my tough times too, even when going hurt so much because of all the little babies there.

September 4th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I know what you mean about so many babies there. I honestly just want to grab them and love on all of them, but then again, I'd come across as a crazy lady, so I usually don't.

I keep on hoping and praying that I get pregnant soon. I am not willing to give up so easily.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search