Thankful for the priesthood and prayer

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2011, 04:01 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I have to get this out because I am so grateful for being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

On my birthday I decided to indulge in something I have refrained from since I am feeding Marsi breast milk. Mt. Dew. It is my weakness. So, I decided it was okay to drink it for my birthday. That proved to be a huge mistake. We bought 2 liters so it lasted for 2 days. Marsi got horrible reflux. I mean screaming in pain after feedings. She didn't sleep for longer than an hour stretch and wake up screaming and arching her back. When I calmed her down I could hear her breathing with liquid. She didn't have a fever and she was eating so I didn't call anyone or go to the hospital.

Yesterday, the holiday of course, was the worst. She was absolutely miserable. She wouldn't sleep hardly at all. I went and got gripe water and that seemed to help her. I prayed that I would know what to do to help my baby. The answer was to find a worthy priesthood holder and have DH and him give her a blessing of healing. With it being Thanksgiving, and around the noon hour, I was hoping we would even be able to get a hold of someone. We have no idea who our home teachers are so that wasn't an option. I called the 1 person in my ward that I had a number for...the relief society president. Her husband is in the bishopric so I knew if he was able, he would be willing to come over. Luckily, I called about 10 minutes before they were leaving for their Thanksgiving dinner.

It was a nice blessing. DH said he was too close to the situation and so the other man gave her the blessing. He blessed her that she would heal. I knew it wasn't going to be automatic. She still had a rough time with the next few feedings. I fed her before we went to DH's parent's house for dinner and she was miserable through dinner. Her 8 pm feeding after her bath made me cry because she sounded so miserable. I prayed so hard. I know that blessings are predicated upon having faith. I have faith and I wanted the Lord to know that I know that through Him Marsi would be healed. She then slept until midnight. I didn't hear her screaming after DH fed her so I know she was starting to feel better then. She woke up at 2 but I was able to get her to sleep again. She is now just waking up again at 5. She hasn't slept this well in days.

I am so blessed that a worthy priesthood holder was willing and able to come over on a holiday and bless my little girl. She is so sweet and I love her more than anything. I felt so guilty when I figured out it was my fault that she was so miserable.

Sorry this turned into a saga, but I am just so filled with the spirit I had to share.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

November 25th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Awwww, poor Marsi!! It's so sad when babies don't feel good like that. I've had moments when I was definitely let by the spirit to figure out what to do like that. I'm glad you were able to catch someone to give her a blessing. And I'm glad she's feeling better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search