A little advice...

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2012, 06:21 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Okay...this transitional period between DH graduating and finding employment is hard on us. I am currently full time employed and he is a stay at home dad. This is super hard on him. I can understand because I saw him go through his graduate school. He had so many hopes to be able to provide for our family, and now for the past 2 years I have been the provider. The first year, he was fine with it. Now that he isn't going to school and taking care of Marsi he is finding it more and more difficult by the day. He loves her. I mean, he is a great dad!! He likes taking care of her and getting to know her. But, it isn't what he wanted to do. Where most of the conflicts come is in me being at work and coming home from work with DH expecting me to still do the laundry, all of Marsi's bottle dishes and everything. I can't even pump when I get home until I do dishes. I have told him this, but honestly, he plays games most of the time. How do I try to tell him that I really need his help. I am a full time teacher now. I have planning and grading. I still want to spend time with Marsi because I am only home for 4 hours before she goes to sleep. I miss my little girl so much and DH isn't making it any easier for me to be working.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 17th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I think you need to sit down and have a heart to heart about what it means for him to be staying home and you working and what you need him to do during the day. Do it completely non-emotionally and not when you are irritate.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

April 18th, 2012, 12:51 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Thanks Heather. I have tried to give him information little bits at a time because it is so hard on him to be home. He is truly depressed because of it. But, I did sit him down and talked to him. Yesterday I came home and the laundry was done. 2 loads washed, dried and FOLDED! Dishes were done. Marsi was happy (like always) and since he had a tutoring job to go to he had set out and defrosted the things I needed to make dinner for us and the person in our ward who just had a baby. It was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! He is a fast learner! He has even gone with Marsi to the cardiologist 2 times by himself and everything. He is a sweetheart.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 18th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Wonderful! I would imagine he's quite down right now. This was definitely not the plan.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search