Update me!!

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2012, 09:18 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
So, I have been away from the boards for a while! Sorry. Stress sucks and I know you all know that. So, I want an update from you ladies! How are things going? How is back to school going (or not back to school for the home schoolers!) Is there anything new? Are you planning on getting pregnant in the coming months? Pregnant now? Please post a couple of pictures too!

Well, we are just having a grand old time. Other than DH's job issues, all is well. Marsi went in for an echocardiogram and cardiologist appointment on Monday and was cleared for not needing to come back until she is 2.5 years old!!! We are SO happy about that. She has a little hole in her heart between the atriums that will need monitoring then, but all else is great with her. We are going to the pediatrician this coming Monday so I will share stats then. She is around 22.5 lbs and 28 inches. Big girl! She has started to take steps on her own and has for a few weeks. She will be walking before we know it! She is a major climber too. She is fearless. She still only has 2 teeth, but is working on 4 on the top and 2 more on the bottom. Here are a few pictures of her

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 18th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Marsi is so adorable

We're waiting for the word from Florida that my uncle has passed away. He has cancer and was given 2-4 days on Monday. He's really having a miserable slow death with lots of pain. My parents and Ani will be going down for the funeral and to stay a bit with my aunt after he dies.

Cameron and Adrian have been doing school all summer. Fritz starts back the day after Labor Day. Ani will start whenever she comes home from Florida. My youngest is 4 now and I've gotta say... it's nice having the kids get a little older lol

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

August 18th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I am sorry to hear about your uncle Heather. I hope that he passes as peacefully as possible.

It is awesome that you are enjoying all your kiddos getting older. I am a few years away from that yet!

September 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Things are going great for us right now.

Victor is almost 19 months old now and he is such a cutie. He says several words now and thinks he is quite clever when he calls me by my first name . He calls out "Elsa, Elsa, Elsa" and when I respond he giggles and runs away. What a goof ball. He has developed some very impressive tantrum throwing skills...probably he is so good because he practices like 17 times per day. He still nurses...I weaned him 2 months ago, but then we went on a trip like 2 weeks later and things got turned upside down. I would love to get him re-weaned, but his reluctance regarding the matter is epic! Victor is a great eater. His favorite foods are mostly veggies but he is willing to eat a pretty wide variety of foods. He loves to pick peppers and tomatoes out of our garden and eat them before we go inside.

Speaking of our garden... it has been a great garden year for us. We're growing tomatoes, and cucumbers, hot chilis, bell peppers, watermelon, herbs, grapes, onions, and garlic. Everything is doing well so far.

I just found out last week that I'm pregnant once again. I'm about 6 weeks along (due approx april 25) and so far I feel great! I was so super sick with Victor and with Lucy...I'm trying to remember when that started...before 7 weeks for sure. So the absence of gut wrenching nausea thus far is highly encouraging for me. I'm so hopeful that I won't be sick this go around. Keep your fingers crossed for me...or you know, don't. I know that you likely need your fingers for all kinds of tasks and probably don't want them tied up in hopes of staving off Elsa's pregnancy related nausea.
September 4th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Congratulations Elsa!!! That is exciting! Victor sounds like such a cutie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search