So I was thinking about LDS names

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
and I was thinking about two older omen in our ward 60+ one is named Laren adn the other is Leslie both well before those names hit big. I was thinking that probably because of the size of families LDS people have to search far adn wide for names that are not used or over used in theri families.

How many siblings do you have and how many kids do they have have they used any names you would have liked to have used?

October 29th, 2012, 08:08 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Marsi is the 13th grandchild in my family. We didn't have any issues with the names of the others. There are a couple with the same family name for a middle name. My mom is the 8th of 14 children and there are several cousins with the same name and even more cousin's children with the same names. No one really seems to care if they are doubled up. We are using family names from DH's side and he is an only child.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
It's a tradition from my dad's side of the family that the middle names start with R. And yeah, after 4 generations of it, you start running out of names.

My grandfather is Melvin Rey, my oldest uncle is Daniel Ray, and my daughter is Cora Rei. Thought Cora is NOT named after them, since it's a totally different name.

The other repeats are done on purpose (my middle is Renée after my dad's sister who died as a child, and Patrick gets Reese from my father)

But I have over 75 first cousins alone, so I'm not sure how I managed to not repeat any of their first names! I am only specifically avoiding reusing our siblings' names since we don't plan on actually naming any of our children after them.

November 2nd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
i ma the only member in my family and all my cousins are older than me. I have three siblings older than me and through my father I have two half siblings younger than me. So names is not really an issue with me. Since DH and I are older we have more issues with nonMormon type baggage. Like my exhusband's name is Daniel and I'd never use Danna, Danielle, Dana etc and I find it very very weird that his son's name is Nicholas. But my Dh was raised by a mom who was 16 when he was born and through aseries of abusive boyfriends and step father's (his mom has been married 6 times) So seriously there are a lot of bad names on his list. He also vetos names from the siblings of his ex's etc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search