Food storage?

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
So how are you doing?

What is your plan?

Has your plan changed?

Are you interested in the "classic" LDS food storage?

November 18th, 2012, 09:38 PM
~*Seldom.Seen*~'s Avatar Super Mommy
I just found this board (through a search on food storage) though I'm not new to JM I have not been active for many months possibly even almost two years as my interest groups moved over to facebook. Anyhow...

I am just getting starte with my food storage plan. and am kind of looking for a little direction. I was raised in a big family and we always had a big garden and canned as much as possible, hunted for a big portion of our meat or raised our beef and pork on the farm. So we always had a lot of food in storage at any given time.
After moving out on my own, I lived alone for years and didn't really think too much about food storage. But now that I have a family (DH and two boys), and because I lost my job because of the economy two years ago we are now a one income family so food storage seems to be what I feel I need to do 'just in case' DH should get laid off or something like that.

I have read a little about the 'classic lds food storage' and I guess at this stage I'm trying to get orginized with building the 3 mth supply right now. I seem to spend way more hours learning about it than actually doing it. It just seems overwhelming to me, but maybe I'm just overthinking it, which I tend to do.

November 30th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We have quite a bit. Our plannis still the same as it has always been.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

December 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Here is the best intro to food storage I have found.

#1 Best Food Storage Seminar! Wendy DeWitt - YouTube

We are always working on FS. We don't have any wheat but we are close to a full year of FS.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search