**BUTTER**

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Thanks for volunteering...I felt so dumb yesterday.

So have you always lived in Virginia?

What's your favorite thing about living there?

How did you come up with your screen name?

Can you post pictures? If so, can we see newborn pictures of your kids? (and yourself and DH if you have them)

March 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
So have you always lived in Virginia?
No. I was born and raised in southern MD. We moved to northern VA for Jamie's job almost 3 years ago.

What's your favorite thing about living there?
I love being in close proximity to all the stuff in DC. I can jump on the Metro and in 20 minutes be in DC and not have to worry about parking or driving in the city. From the Metro stations it's just a short walk to the zoo and all the Smithsonian museums and all of those are completely free. I also really love US history and this area definitely has a lot of history.

How did you come up with your screen name?
When I was a teenager my best friend was the middle child of 9 kids. Her baby brother (who is about 15 or 16 now! I feel old) couldn't say my name when he was 2. Somehow when Cody said it Heather sounded like Butter. So my friend started calling me Butter and so I used it on-line as my username now.

I'll get the pictures shortly. I have baby pictures of Fritz on the computer, but not the rest of us so I'll take pictures of pictures and get them all up. At the moment I'm nursing though and so can't get up.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

March 12th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, now I'm just really curious after reading your answers! Where in southern MD? I was unfortunate enough to grow up in Ft. Washington.

What's your favotie food?

What's your church calling?

What's your favorite school subject to teach?
March 12th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i was going to ask the screen name question too!

okay, do you enjoy homeschooling?

what made you decide to homeschool?

how did you meet your dh?

March 13th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Ok, now I'm just really curious after reading your answers! Where in southern MD? I was unfortunate enough to grow up in Ft. Washington.
My aunt lives in Fort Washington. I grew up in Waldorf. Really between Waldorf and Bryantown, but the address was Waldorf. I grew up in the same house my mom grew up in. For the first few years after we were married we lived in Lexington Park.

What's your favotie food?
Salad.

What's your church calling?
I am on the activities committee and I teach the Valiant 10/11 girls which is four 9 1/2 year old girls in our ward. They were all born within a month of each other in June/July 1997.

What's your favorite school subject to teach?
History. I absolutely love history.

okay, do you enjoy homeschooling?
Yes. I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it.

what made you decide to homeschool?
I was homeschooled myself and I just can't imagine sending my kids away to school every day. I loved being homeschooled and want my kids to be able to have the same wonderful experience.

how did you meet your dh?
We met in college when I was 17 and he was 19. We were in a theater class together and we had to get into groups of 3 to do scenes with two actors and one director. I didn't know anyone in the class yet and so I stood up and sort of announced to no one in particular that I needed a group. Jamie said he and another girl would be my group and jumped over several rows of chairs in the theater to get to me. The funny thing is Jamie is incredibly shy and that was so not typical of him. We got together a couple months later and have been together now for over 11 years, married for almost 9.

Smaller on the Outside

March 13th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Pictures - I took these of the photo frames on our wall so they're not the best. The first two were displayed at our wedding reception.

Jamie

Me

Ani

Cameron

Fritz

Smaller on the Outside

March 18th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i'm my word i forgot about this, now i feel bad. okay

do you want any more kids?
what's your biggest fear?
do you have a "get away from it all" place?
what was your favorite vacation?
do you have any pets?
what's on thing you've always wanted to do but never have?

March 19th, 2007, 07:39 AM
do you want any more kids? Yes. At least one more, probably 3 more.
what's your biggest fear? Fire.
do you have a "get away from it all" place? Not really. I don't like to get away from it all since it all is pretty much my kids and husband.
what was your favorite vacation? When Ani was 7 months old we went to the Poconos for a week. We had gone there for our honeymoon. It was a really nice vacation.
do you have any pets? Just some fish. We have three tetras and a sucker.
what's one thing you've always wanted to do but never have? Go to Europe, probably the England, Scotland, Wales, and Southern Ireland because Scotland is where some of my ancestors are from, England is where Jamie's mom is from and where many of Jamie's aunts/uncles/cousins are, Wales because Jamie lived there when he was little, and the Republic of Ireland because that's where Jamie's mom lives.

Smaller on the Outside

April 5th, 2007, 01:11 PM
svecica's Avatar Veteran
this goes all week, right? =D

What's your favorite food?

And I know I've seen you around the forums a bit. Which boards here do you subscribe to or frequent?

-incorrigible

April 5th, 2007, 07:04 PM
My favorite food is salad.

I didn't know you were LDS I post on the July 06 Playroom, Homeschooling, Paper Scrapbooking, Cloth Diapering, AP, Home Birth, Breastfeeding, Not Vaxing, and this one. Just a few lol

Smaller on the Outside

April 6th, 2007, 05:48 AM
svecica's Avatar Veteran
ok...just plain old leaves on a plate, or a certain kind of salad? =P What do you like in your salad? lol

I knew I'd seen you around, but I was trying to place one board when we overlap on a few.

What kind of homeschooler are you? Pull out all those labels...=P (school-at-home, montessori, classical ed, tj ed, etc)

-incorrigible

April 6th, 2007, 06:14 AM
I like salad bars so I can customize. I like lettuce, red onions, olives, cucumbers, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. I used to put cheese and egg on my salad, but Fritz is allergic so I can't right now.

We're eclectic homeschoolers. We're getting ready to start Sonlight in a couple weeks. Literature based works very well for my kids. We're a bit Charlotte Mason-ish, a bit Classical, and a bit unschooly. How's that for eclectic lol I hate TJed but only because I have had some rather obnoxious (LDS) homeschoolers tell me that if I don't TJed then I am a terrible hser and there is nothing better than TJed. If nothing else I really hate people who are so dogmatic as to think their way is the ONLY way.

Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search