We're HOME!!!!!

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
so i didn't tell you ladies. we took wyatt to the dr's again on wednesday for his 3rd set of fluids and antibiotics. at that point the dr decided that he wasn't getting any better. it was also that day that we discovered wyatt had rotavirus thanks to my gracious sister. anyways, his dr admitted him wednesday afternoon and we just barely got home today. doc said that they pumped him so full of fluids, that if he doesn't eat for 2 days, he will be just fine. i'm just so glad to have us all together again.

April 6th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
Oh wow, so glad to hear he is home. That virus is SOOOO scary... both of the kids had it at the same time last fall... its really really scary

April 8th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you're home now!

What is rotavirus? I'm curious now since I've never heard of it. If it's scary, I'm starting to think we were pretty lucky to 'only' get the stomach flu this year! And I thought that was bad! We had it 3 times!!! Around Halloween, January and March! I don't want my fam to be sick for a LONG time now! I need a nice long break from having to deal with puke and the runs constantly!
April 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
Basically high fever, dehydration, a lot of diarreah and puking at the same time. Babies usually have to be hospitalized because of the severe dehydration. Its really scary. Both my kids had it at the same time in the fall.

April 8th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yup...that's it. it's a terrible disease. but, as long as you're careful of where you go and always remember to wash your hands and your kids hands after dealing with poopy diapers or whatever, you should be fine. my sister babysat wyatt last week and didn't tell me that her daughter had had rotavirus. when i got there to drop them off i noticed that she had a poopy diaper with dirty wipes hanging all over the place on her kitchen floor. yuck. her daughter was playing around the diaper and then playing with wyatt (mind you i wasn't there at that point). it grosses me out because it spreads by ingesting fecal matter. or something like that. i called my sister up and let her know what happened and told her not to come around again if her kid is sick and to let me know if her kid has been sick if she's going to watch them for me. she really doesn't care if she goes around others when her daughter is sick, makes me mad.

April 9th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness! How rude to let your sick kids around others. I'm so sorry that happened to you! I NEVER allow my kids around others when they're the slightest bit sick, I just don't understand why others can't do the same. One time someone asked me to watch 2 of her kids in an emergency, and I agreed. As they dropped them off, she said "The younger one has a runny nose, but it's not a cold, she's teething, it's clear." I'm sitting there thinking that line is a bunch of crap b/c kids don't get runny nose just for teething. My kids never got a runny nose while teething! Unless they had a cold too, and it was from that! And, you can have a cold and it be clear snot, and still be contagious! It doesn't have to have color to it. Snot from colds has germs no matter what color it is. People are so stupid sometimes! But, what was I supposed to do, deny thier kids as they were dropping them off? The kid was even acting like a sick kid, not a teething kid. Anyway, you guessed it, Rachel ended up with a cold too a couple days later! And that virus does sound scary! Eeek!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search