Sad news about a friend in my ward

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There is this sweet friend of mine in my ward who was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. She is only about 28 and has two little girls 5 and 2. I am so sad for her. She is having surgery next week and the Bishop has called a special fast for her and her family. This girl is always so sweet and cares about everyone and is always serving other people. She would give you the shirt off her back and I just pray everything will be okay.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

April 24th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Canuckmomme's Avatar Member
Send a message via ICQ to Canuckmomme Send a message via AIM to Canuckmomme Send a message via MSN to Canuckmomme Send a message via Yahoo to Canuckmomme
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I had a pituitary adenoma (tumor) when I was 14- which was benign (which was very lucky)- and my neurosurgeon simply went up through my sinuses to remove it- and it hasn't grown back- but our branch president at the time called a special fast for me and several of the members of my branch came to visit me while I was in the hospital- I appreciated that so much as young as I was. When my daughter was born and diagnosed with CF my branch fasted for her as well and the 1st time she landed in the hospital. They are all so loving and thoughtful and it makes you feel the spirit so much. I can't imagine not having the knowledge and the comfort of the gospel every day. I know that our Heavenly Father is going to watch over and take care of my daughter and I know that he was taking care of me when I was diagnosed with my tumor being as had they not caught it when they did I would have gone blind within a matter of time. The lord really does work miracles. Your friend will be in my prayers.

April 24th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
(((Hugs)) tumors are such a scary thing When my son was 8 months old we had the terrifying phone call saying they found a tumor in the middle of his brain in his MRI scan. Luckily they said it was benign tho... and if some of the people here might re-call... the neurosurgeons were baffled with his follow up MRIs showing the tumor was gone (this was right after we got him a blessing in the church). The neuro's were baffled because the tumor my son had doesnt go away without surgery Heavenly Father does work miracles! And I hope and pray the same will happen to your friend!

April 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I hope all goes well in her surgery! My bishop was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few years after he was married. By the time they caught it, it was the size of a softball. They did emergency surgery and everything turned out well, and he says it's because of the fasts and prayers of the members of his ward and family at the time. Faith and prayer (&fasting) can really work miracles even today in a world that seems without them!

April 25th, 2007, 08:15 AM
tiffluv's Avatar Veteran
Your fellow sister will be in my thoughts and prayers!

<span style="font-family:Franklin Gothic Medium">Tiffany 28
Jeff 26</span>

Me and the rugrats.
April 25th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Lcoots's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How sad. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. Be sure to let us know how shes doing next week...
April 25th, 2007, 10:10 AM
geo-geek
She is in my thoughts and prayers. Yes, you will need to give us an update.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search