*Katina and Seths journey to parenthood!*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2009, 10:50 AM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name is Katina and I am 22, DH is Seth and he is 25(26 in october). I found out I was pregnant at 8 dpo(September 8th) but it was a faint blue dye test so I didn't really believe any tests I took until I took a digi on September 10th and got "pregnant". I called a couple friends and we all freaked out a bit. And of course both of my best friends suggested naming our baby after them! LOL. They were just joking around of course. Me and Seth started TTC in the beginning of Febraury and this was our 7th cycle. This was also the first cycle that I wasn't temping at all. I didn't pay any attention to my cycle other than O pains that I usually get on CD 21. I also finally told my SIL that we were trying on 4 DPO. I obviously didn't know I was pregnant at the time but I thought it was strange that I just had this feeling that I needed to tell her the truth. See the fact is me and her haven't had the best past and I couldn't really trust her. But I finally just decided I didn't care if DH's parents found out we were trying so I told her the truth, and now we have another May birthday! Both my brothers and one of seths brothers AND one of our friends all have birthdays in may. Its our second most expensive month, so it would just be God's funny sense of humor that I would get pregnant now. lol. But I thank God everyday that it finally happened for us. Im putting the baby in his hands to keep from worrying about MC. I've just heard too many sad stories and I don't want to be one of them.
I'm going in for the urine test at the doctors today and then I should be scheduling my first appointment!

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
September 13th, 2009, 09:34 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did the test go? Probably nothing too exciting, huh? So when is your first real appointment?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Well I ended up not going to the doctor yesterday, but I went this morning and got a test done. Of course positive. The nurse said I would be due May 19th according to her little chart but since I know my cycles better and they are longer than average Im pretty sure Im right in saying it will still be the 22nd. But we will see! My BIL bday is the 19th and I'd rather it not be the same day as his, lol.
My 1st appointment is scheduled for October 6th. UGH 3 weeks to wait. But at least I got the doctor I wanted. I didnt like my old doctor and my friend who had her baby last October had this doctor and raved about her, so I know she's good. My mom also goes to her(she's her primary). My old doctor missed a vitamin D deficiency I had that was causing all sorts of issues, so I just do not trust her at all to make good decisions.(she tested for a bunch of crap that wasn't even closely related). Anyways, now I have to figure out how in the heck to tell the in-laws that Im prego...they don't want us to be...very nervewracking!

My Ovulation Chart

September 21st, 2009, 07:18 AM
Started spotting brown on Saturday, started bleeding lightly on Sunday and went to the doctor. Dr said everything was fine, though he didnt really check much, just said there wasn't enough indication for him to have to do an exam but to take it easy this week. Started passing clots the second I got home. And bawling my eyes out because I thougth I lost the baby. I still am not sure. Im still having some pregnancy symptoms like tender breasts and Im not sure how long that lasts after a miscarriage. I am hoping that I was just passing old blood since most of it was brown colored. The clots were reddish brown, and didn't change the color of the water in the toilet, which I found very strange since when I am bleeding on AF the water turns red. Today Im back to brown spotting other than one clot when I had a BM. I got blood taken yesterday to check hormone levels. I go back on Wednesday to get another blood draw to see if the levels are higher or lower. I'm hoping for the best, but have my doubts. But I still trust in God to see us through all of this. Even if it's bad news I know I will see my baby in heaven. God makes me strong.

My Ovulation Chart

September 22nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
For those that don't know. I work for my in-laws, and they are the ones that we expected to react horribly to my being pregnant. They are also the ones who say things behind our backs about us not being ready for kids and multiple times told us that to our face as well. Well with all this drama going on with me passing clots and blood and cramping, a miscarriage is our biggest possibility. We pray and hope that it is something else but because of the circumstances I am taking it easy this week. The dr told me I was fine to do regular house work but Im basically putting myself on bedrest, which sucks but if this happens to be a pregnancy issue other than a miscarriage I want to keep the baby as safe as possible. Well DH called his mom this morning to tell her I wont be working this week because of the possible miscarriage. She said she would pray and that baby's are a blessing. She said if it is miscarrying we can always try again...that gives me hope. I feel that even if we lose this wonderful little bean we wont have to go through as much drama the second time around because everyone will already know and have accepted that we are trying.

My mom gave me good reasons to trust in God. If I have a miscarriage its because there is something wrong with the baby. It's not my fault, it's not anyones fault specifically at this point. I will see my baby in heaven and Ive accepted that. God is taking away its pain.

If the baby just happens to be okay, I will just be pleasently surprised and I will probably bawl my eyes out in thanks to God. I trust in Him to do whats right for us even if I may not understand it.

My Ovulation Chart

September 26th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Oh ... I might just cry right now i am soooo sorry... but dont worry God will do what's best, but you still have the right to feel heartbroken if you do miscarry (which i dont think will happen... many women spot in early pregnancy. i heard that its the expanding of your uterus??? idk..! )

but good luck and may you be blessed! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search