Shannon's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
09/13/09
4 WEEKS PREGNANT:
The second week of July was the last period I had. I did not have a period in August and took two tests after the missed period and also a week after; both were completely negative. Ryan and I had been using protection around the time of the month I believe to ovulate which is about the 3rd week after I start my period. So far, since February of this year, this has worked! After missing a period in August it completely messed up my cycle and I really wasn’t sure when I would ovulate if at all. On September 8th (which would have been around day 31 of my cycle (my cycles average 34 days) if I would have had a period in August on schedule) I had some very light old brown type spotting, and continued to have that the 9th, 10th and 11th. On the morning of the 11th I thought maybe I would take a pregnancy test just to see since I had one left in the bathroom cabinet and I had been feeling funny that week having tender breasts and feeling sick to my stomach a lot. I peed on the stick and stuck it on top of the vanity. I was singing the ABC’s to Lydia and got up to glance at the test before tossing it when I saw the two clear lines. My knees started shaking immediately and I almost fell to the floor. I was totally speechless.
I believe I am almost 5 weeks pregnant now, maybe on Tuesday? I am going to take another pregnancy test tomorrow morning to make sure that this is real, that I am still pregnant and to make sure the line is darker than the first one I took on Friday. I am not sure at this point when I will make my first doctor appointment or when I we will announce the news to everyone. I would like to wait until I am around 8 or 9 weeks to go to the doctor since then we would be able to get everything done at once – the blood work and the ultrasound and hopefully by then Ryan will be able to have a flex day to take off of work to go with me. Ryan seems to be very excited about being pregnant. He has been so supportive and sweet. His face lit up in a huge smile when I handed him the pregnancy test.
I believe my due date to be around May 22nd, 2010. And I have a very strong feeling that this is a baby boy.
I am constantly feeling sick to my stomach. With Lydia I did not have any symptoms at all until 6 weeks. I have had a sick feeling for the last week along with the breast tenderness. I will be going back to my same OB that I went to with Lydia. I am not at a low enough weight for the midwife to except me. I am hoping for a healthy and happy pregnancy ending in a successful VBAC.
I am excited, nervous, scared and totally in shock! This was completely unexpected. We had planned on starting to try for a baby this November/December for an August/September baby and to be honest I had a feeling that it would be difficult for us to get pregnant again and was thinking it would take us awhile.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search