Rylan and Dakota's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2009, 05:39 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rylan and Dakota's birth story

Thursday 11.12.09- I started having contractions around 5:30pm. They were about every 6 minutes, not very painful. I tried drinking water and switching positions nothing seemed to help. We went to bed at 10pm hoping they would be gone in the morning.

Friday 11.13.09- At midnight I woke up to go to the bathroom and was still having contractions but went back to bed and fell asleep. I woke up again at 1:30AM to go to the bathroom and have some painful contractions. I went downstairs and watched TV and drank some water and started timing the contractions. They were about 4 minutes apart. I still was in denial so I thought maybe if I take a shower it will feel better. I was having a lot of back pain and the water did wonders! I sat in the shower for about an hour, until I ran out of hot water. Around 4am, I said maybe we should call the doctor soon, the contractions aren't going away. We waited another hour, so at 5AM I called the doctor and he said to go to the hospital. We ended up having to go to the further hospital because I was under 32 weeks (we were 31w3d). We took our sweet time. I was having trouble standing during contractions at this point and we needed to pack for the hospital. We left the house around 6:30AM. The car ride was brutal. Every bump was killer. We finally got to the hospital at 7AM and was sent straight up to Labor and Delivery. I was in triage maybe an hour or so. They checked me and said I was 3cm dilated. They did an ultrasound. Baby A was head down (so far down they couldn't see here full head on the ultrasound) and Baby B was breech. They sent in to a Labor and Delivery room and started the Magnesium Sulfate again and gave me a steroid shot for the babies' lungs. They checked for dilation again around 11am and I was 4 cms. I was still contracting, but not really feeling them. Around 3pm I felt a lot of pressure so I tried sitting up and moving position thinking someone's head was just pushing on me weird. I told the nurse and the doctor came in checked me and saw I was 7cm! They then rushed me to a Labor room and stopped the magnesium, there was no holding these girls back! Around 10pm I got to 8cm. Still not too much pain. Then all the pain hit me maybe a half hour later. They got me an epidural which helped some. I got to 9 cm pretty quickly after that and they broke Baby A's sac of water. They then turned off the epidural in order to prepare me for pushing.

Saturday 11.14.09-Around midnight I was 10cm, but had a “lip” of the cervix still. This is when the pain hit! One of the girls was hitting a nerve in hip. It was the worst pain in the world. I tried sitting and moving, but she just wouldn't move. The pain in my hip canceled out the pain I was feeling everywhere else. I think around 3am the nurse gave me morphine to try and relieve the pain, but it didn't do anything. I kept trying to the tell the doctor I wanted to push just to get her out and off my nerve, but they said I still had the “lip” Finally around 6am the “lip” was gone and they let me do some practice pushes. It felt so good to push, it relieved the pain! They needed to get me into the OR to deliver just in case, but just my luck two other women were having babies. So they would only let me push once per contraction so no babies would come out. Finally at 6:30am I got into the OR! I pushed maybe 10-15 times to get Baby A's head out. They did have to give me an episiotomy because I was so exhausted at that point. Once her head was out, the rest was easy. I didn't get to see her, I just felt her legs on mine, all warm and slimy. Baby A, Miss Rylan Lee, was born at 7:06. I then fell asleep, hoping the doctors would tell me when to push again, but they didn't so I just said I wanted to push. Baby B was born breech. Her legs were right there, so they pulled her legs out. I had to push her head out. She did have a cord around her neck so everyone was yelling for me to push her out quick. I finally did. Miss Dakota Rose was born at 7:17. I didn't get to see her either, just felt her slimy body on my legs. They quickly moved them to NICU. I only could see their hands waving in the air on the tables in the OR. They then took me to Recovery and then to my postpartum room. I saw the girls for the first time around 10am. They are absolutely perfect!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
November 17th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Super Mommy
What a great story, thank you for sharing!
and Gianna Maybelle born on Jan. 8, 2010 at 8:17am weighing 6 lbs 14 oz and 19.5 inches long!!!
November 17th, 2009, 05:52 AM
peggums27's Avatar Luv my girls
aww thanks for sharing!!!! I hope your doing well and that those girls keep doing so well !!!!

Peggy ~ Mom to~ Alexa 07-13-00 Rennon (RIP) 05-26-07 Mia 12-10-09

And I can't breathe without you, but I have to breathe, without you, I have to
November 17th, 2009, 06:22 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what an amazing story you are such a trooper!

November 17th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your story gave me tears in my eyes!
What an amazing thing to go through. I am so happy both the girls are doing fine. Thank you so much for sharing!
November 17th, 2009, 06:32 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations again! I'm so proud of you for 'baking' those baby girls as long as you did. And yay for having a vaginal birth! Especially with one breech! I can't wait for more photos... they're absolutely precious!

November 17th, 2009, 06:35 AM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!! You are a trooper : )
November 17th, 2009, 06:35 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Wow what a story! Thanks for sharing!!

November 17th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
I am soooo proud of you for vaginally birthing TWINS...and one of them breech!!!

I can't wait to see more pics of them!!!

{{{BIG HUGS}}} to you and your precious lil girls!

~~~~~~
November 17th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing your story!!!
The girls are amazing and you are one brave woman!

November 17th, 2009, 06:55 AM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
Wow! You rock Steph! Congratulations again!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

November 17th, 2009, 07:10 AM
blue daisy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats!!! good job! and yes.... giving birth to a breeach??? you are super mommy!!! ;-)
November 17th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Reading your story makes me even more anxious to have my baby. Congrats again! I'm so glad everything turned out as well as it did.

Major
November 17th, 2009, 08:35 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for writing your birth story. I'm glad your baby girls are here and doing well so far.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

November 17th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
what a great story! you go mama!!! ihope your girls grow real quick and get out of there!!!!
kaitlyn 3
Mathiue lil baby!

November 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story, sounds like you did a great job! Your girls are so beautiful already Can't wait to see more pics!

November 17th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Prettymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your girls are perfect! Thank you for sharing!

November 17th, 2009, 09:39 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing your birth story! Sounds like you did great and the girls are so cute!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
November 17th, 2009, 12:17 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
TFS! I loved reading your birth story!! Congrats Mama you should be proud!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

November 17th, 2009, 12:47 PM
sheri052189
Congrats and thanks for sharing your story!!! KUP

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search