Mia's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2009, 06:17 AM
peggums27's Avatar Luv my girls
On Thursday December 10th, 2009 around 7am my water broke, I called my doctor immediatley he told me that the hospital he delivers at was full there was no room for anymore preterm babies! I was told to go directly to the Women's Hospital instead.
I arrived at the Womens Hospital around 7:30, they hooked me up to the monitors and checked my group b strep .... I had it ( I started getting nervous but they started anti biotics via iv immediatley). They checked my cervix and I was now 5 cm dilated and having regular contractions every 5-6 minutes! They started getting me ready for a csection and looking for a bed for the baby, their hospital was almost full also and there were 7 of us in labour ot once all preterm!
We sat in the triage department till 6:30 pm. Very long stressful day, and I hadnt eaten anything or drank anything all day since I was having a c section and I was just starting to get cranky !
We got to the floor where we would be having the c section they gave us a tv and some movies and asked us just to wait! All of a sudden a nurse came in and said o your not ready yet???? I had been there almost 12 hours and they had forgotten to get my ted stockings out for me and a few other things that got done real wuick the anastheologist came in for a quick 5 minute chat and then the nicu doc came in, told us to relax no worries he wasn't too worried about the baby, the only thing they were concerned with was that she was only around 5 lbs and was small.

7:05 comes and my mother shows up at the hospital! I had asked that no one be there for our babies birth we wanted the moment to ourselves so having her just show up like this really p'od myself and my dh! But we decided not to fight about it we were so close to having our baby and both of us were starting to get a lil worried...... and anxious .
They wheel me in to the operating room and start my spinal ( which is not half as bad as I thought it would be)... once I was numb and my dh was in the room they starting the surgery, within minutes they said ok we're done all the incisions, I looked at dh and he was looking a lil quesy at this point. Then we here this weird sound and then screaming!! Mia came out kicking and screaming!!!!!

Mia was brought over to us for like half a minute and then whisked away by nicu team..... She was brought back to us within 1/2 an hour, turns out she is perfectly fine just small and they didnt need nicu there after all!~ She is staying in the intermediate care unit and just needs to gain a lil weight and control her body temperature better before she can come home
Mia weighed 5lbs even and her height is 16 inches!
Having Mia has been an amazing experience and we are so anxious to bring her home! Having a newborn baby in IMCN and watching your big burly husband hold this tiny baby is an experience I can't describe ! I have fallen in love with him all over again in a new way!!!!

Peggy ~ Mom to~ Alexa 07-13-00 Rennon (RIP) 05-26-07 Mia 12-10-09

And I can't breathe without you, but I have to breathe, without you, I have to
December 15th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Bekki
AWWW congrats!!
OK I have to ask..were you contracting the whole 12 hours you were sitting there? How awful to be made to just wait all day like that!!
She is adorable.
December 15th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww congrats! She's a cutie

December 15th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah i sure was contracting all day! It was along hard day on me I was so tired after having and they gave me morphine during the section so i had the shakes and hadn't eaten so my blood sugars were very low I wasnt allowed to hold her till the shakes and blood sugar probelm was over but all in all Im happy they waited for a bed for her and that everything went ok, contracting every 5-6 minutes for 12 hours is something I hope no one else ever has to do!

December 15th, 2009, 08:49 AM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
She is precious! Congratulations again!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

December 15th, 2009, 01:37 PM
First1at37's Avatar Veteran
Congratulations!! So this may sound dumb, but do they always do c-sections on pre-term babies? Was that the only reason to get one?
December 16th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! What a great story! I am so happy Mia is doing great What a wonderfull picture.
December 16th, 2009, 10:29 AM
No they dont always do c sections on pretermers but I was having a tubal right afterwards so I waited for it all day

December 17th, 2009, 10:34 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad little Mia is here safely and that she didn't need the NICU! Any idea yet on when you can bring her home? She's just a little doll baby! Congratulations! How are you recovering?

December 18th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Mia is home now and doing great taking 2oz of breast milk now and starting to want more

December 19th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Congratulations! I am so glad she's home with you!

~~~~~~
December 19th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Just wanted to share a couple pics of Mia without an iv stuck in her

December 20th, 2009, 05:26 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw... She's a sweetie!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

December 20th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
she is adorable, i'm glad she didn't have to go in the nicu

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

December 21st, 2009, 07:09 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Congrats she is a sweetie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search