Jenna's Birth Story (with pic)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The morning of Sunday December 20th, DH and I decided to DTD to minimize the risk of being induced at 39 weeks as my doctor had advised. I was exactly 38 weeks that day. Amazingly, within just a couple of hours of doing our business I started getting lots of contractions but they were irregular. We went about shopping that day and I felt "ok" for the most part until night time. I was getting very crampy and uncomfortable. I went to the washroom and I noticed some discharge with a very fine stripe of blood in it. I told my mom about it to give her heads up since she lives 200km away and I really wanted her to be with me at the hospital.

I tried to sleep through the night but kept needing to go to the washroom. Finally I managed to fall asleep only to wake up at 4:30am to my water breaking in bed! I was so shocked! I woke DH and called my mom and she drove right away to meet us at the hospital. The funny part is, I was so calm about the whole thing (which isn't like me!) that when my water broke, I showered, blow dried my hair and put my make up on and headed to the hospital (lol). They admitted me as soon as I told them my membranes ruptured. At 6:00am my contractions were becoming very strong and close together (3-5mins apart). I was 3-4cm dilated at that point. I opted for the epi because I was getting very nervous and kept vomitting! I even threw up as the anaestheologist was putting the needle in...that was scary

Once the epi was in unfortunately my labour slowed down. After 2-3 hours, I was only 5cm so they put my on pitocin to speed things up. Within a couple of hours I went from 4cm to 10cm and 100% effaced! The moment the nurse said we're ready to push this baby out, I burst into tears out of fear and excitement. However, because baby's head was facing up and she wasn't very low, they preferred to wait on the pushing so I wouldn't exhaust myself but they said regardless of the position by 2:00pm we have to push baby out and we did! I pushed for almost an hour and baby Jenna was born at 3:16pm. She was just perfect Unfortunately I tore very badly and received many stitches. I had a really hard time urinating after birth and had to have a catherer (overnight)...that was a nightmare. I am still having a hard time recovering from the stitches but thankfully I can now go on my own to the washroom. Breastfeeding on the other hand is a whole other story, with cracked and sore nipples Thank God for the nipple shield, it's a lifesaver!

I am so grateful for this whole experience even with its ups and downs. I can't imagine my life without my baby girl

Jenna, born December 21 at 3:16pm (at 38 weeks) weighing 7lbs 12oz (oh and doctors were totally wrong about her "big size" prediction!!!)

Last edited by Heaven; January 31st, 2011 at 06:29 PM.
December 30th, 2009, 03:17 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story! I'm so glad you are both doing well!

I was just thinking last night..."I wonder if anyone on JM has tried the whole 'sex to try to get labor started' thing, and if it has worked or not." Guess it did for you!

She is just beautiful, and I love the name Jenna! So sweet! Congrats!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

December 30th, 2009, 06:26 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your birth story!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
December 30th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Teri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl! You're the first person I've ever heard of that DTD actually worked and brought on labor!

December 30th, 2009, 07:19 AM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats, she is beautiful!!!
December 31st, 2009, 11:37 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Congrats!! What a doll!!!

December 31st, 2009, 12:01 PM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I truly believe that DTD worked for us! We had tried a couple of weeks before and I started having sooo many contractions although they were all irregular. But this time, it worked for good! So get on it ladies!
December 31st, 2009, 02:41 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Wow, maybe its time for me to put the moves on DH Great story!
December 31st, 2009, 05:40 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Great story, I love the part about showering and putting makeup on!!! You make me wanna dtd!! Just curious to see if it works... lol!!! Congratulations on a beautiful baby girl!!
January 1st, 2010, 02:27 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
...when my water broke, I showered, blow dried my hair and put my make up on and headed to the hospital (lol)...
You are my hero!!! I would've freaked and dashed off the the hospital (and this is my 3rd, lol)

Congratulations on your BEAUTIFUL lil girl

~~~~~~
January 1st, 2010, 02:30 PM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope I am calm enough to blow dry my hair and put on make up like I plan before the hospital....ur baby girl is beautiful and im glad things went well for u.....

January 1st, 2010, 07:36 PM
Mom2M&S's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Note to self...as soon as I am officially 'full term', must DTD in hopes that the samet thing happens for me!!

Baby Jenna is just adorable!!

January 1st, 2010, 08:23 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You did a great job! Baby Jenna is a beauty!

Major
January 11th, 2010, 11:40 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Congrats she is beautiful and look at all her hair.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search