Morgan Lucille's Birth Story (MommaWhitney) TONS OF PICTURES!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2010, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We had an induction scheduled for Monday December 28. I was excited but DD was sick so I was nervous about how she was going to do. I had spoken with her doctor on Saturday and we had agreed someone would call about getting her some medication on Monday. Everything else went as planned. Sunday night I even was able to sleep for 4 hours.

Monday morning I was up at 2am. I wanted to get the house nice and cleaned up before we left. We left the house at 3:30am. We needed to stop by my parents to drop off DD car seat bc we had forgotten to leave it the night before.

Got to the hospital at 4am and was brought to a room that was ready for me. Had the medication and all set up. I changed into the ugly gown they make you wear but was happy they let me keep my bra on. A man came to take my blood and the nurse came and hooked up my IV. By 5am I was started on the pitocin and was checked. I was about 2 cm. I was told that the doctor was planning to come by around 7am-8am and would see about breaking my water. But that the baby was very high and the nurse wasnt sure if she would be low enough to even break my water.

8am came and the Doctor came in and checked me. I was expecting to have no change bc I was in no pain at all. I could feel the tightening of the contractions but nothing else. He told me the baby was much much lower now and I was a good 3cm and could be stretched to 4cm. The doctor told me I was going much faster than he thought and he felt if he broke my water now I wouldnt be able to get the epidural bc the anesthesiologist was in surgery. I decided it was more important to wait for the epidural so we didnt break my water.

9:30am and still no pain. Doctor came back in to tell me the anesthesiologist was out of surgery and he wanted to check me and break my water. I was still the same and he broke my water and told me he would be back at 12pm.

I swear 10 minutes after my water was broken I was hurting pretty badly. They said if I wanted the epidural I need to have a certain amount of IV fluid and since I hadnt been at the hospital for very long I would need to have those fluid quickly. So they started to do that. It took about 20 minutes for all that and by that time I was begging for the epidural.

Of course this is the time my DH decided to call the peditrician about DD cold. Im screaming in the back ground and all I kept hearing was "yea we cant take her in to be seen bc my wife is in labor right now" ha.

10:30am the anesthesiologist finished up my epidural, which thank God for my MIL cause DH had to leave the room bc he almost passed out. But I was still having a bit of pressure and could still feel the contractions. The nurses started to try and put in the catheter and that was a nightmare. I swear they didnt know what they were doing. By the time they got it in 30 min later there was no urine coming out. They went to get the head nurse who said sometimes when they baby is so far down it would press up again the bladder and nothing would come out. So she did an in and out catheter and got some out.

After that, about 11:45am, she checked me. I only had a lip to my cervix left and the baby's head was right there. She called the doctor and he said he would be there as soon as he could and to get the room ready.

I started to beg for more epidural bc I could still feel. So the anesthesiologist came in and gave me another dose. I still felt a lot of pressure but it was much better pain wise.

During all this DH was calling my parents to tell them to hurry up and get to the hospital. They were with DD and had taken her to lunch and were coming after they finished lunch. They had to rush out the restaurant. Thank God they stayed close to the hospital or my Mom would have missed the birth.

Doctor got to my room about 12:15am. I started pushing.

Doctor getting ready

Daddy sitting on the window bench getting nervous. He stayed there during the pushing. He doesnt like all the blood and it makes him almost pass out

Took me a while to figure out what good pushing felt like with the epidural. I could feel the increase of pressure when I pushed right. I got her head out but the shoulder was stuck. The nurse had to get a stool and press on my pelvic bone to push the shoulder out. Doctor said it was shoulder displasia.

12:27pm on Monday December 28 my little girl entered the world!

My MIL cut the cord bc DH doesnt do so well with blood. The took her straight to the warmer to get her cleaned up and take care of me.

I was starting to hemorrhage but they had gotten a kit of medication to give me and that stopped it pretty quickly. I tore a bit and got maybe 4 stitches. I was surprised at how well and how fast everything went. I wasnt expecting anything till late afternoon.

I was excited to see how much she would weigh. They had told me she would be in the 7lb range according to ultrasounds. So I was shocked when I heard she was 8lbs 11oz and 20 in long. Much bigger than DD who was 7lb 7oz.

First family picture

Daddy holding her for the first time

meeting mommy

Blair getting her first look

We had to stay a night longer due to her blood type being A+ and me being O+. It increased her risk for jaundice. So they had to test her billi levels.

I was ready to go home 8 hours after I had her. Im hardly sore at all and barely bleeding. It has been 5 days and I feel like my old self again and am happy that all my pregnancy pains are gone .

Blair is doing ok. We are having some jealousy issues. Im hoping that once school starts back up and her schedule goes back to normal she will get a bit better. Other than that she loves her baby sister and keeps asking if she can take her for show and tell next week at school

Morgan is doing well also. Of course she is just beautiful in our eyes ha. She is good at BF but really really likes to sleep. I have a hard time waking her up. She never did get jaundice either. She is just an amazing baby.

January 2nd, 2010, 10:01 AM
Teri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww - she is so cute!!!! You have a beautiful family!

January 2nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Congratulations she is adorable! Glad everything went well too.
January 2nd, 2010, 10:14 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Adorable!! Thanks for such a descriptive birth story. I love the long ones! Great pictures too!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
January 2nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for posting, and what great pictures!! Who was taking them? You have a beautiful family
January 2nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My best friend took them for me! Another friend of ours took a bunch of pictures and he is a photographer. He wasnt in the room for the actual birth but he took tons of pictures right after and before. I cant wait to see those!

January 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What beautiful children you have..I am so happy that Morgan is healthy and no jaundice....and thats great to hear that you feel ok only 5 days later!

January 2nd, 2010, 12:33 PM
horrormoviefan
aww she's so beautiful. I love your pics. Congrats!
January 2nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
I also love reading the long stories. It was nice how the pictures were inserted throughout. I've never had them tell me what type of blood my kids had. I wish they would, I'm always curious to know.
January 2nd, 2010, 03:19 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story! Thanks for including all the details - I love those! It sounds like your induction went wonderfully! I always hear that people aren't in too much pain until their water is broken, so I'm hoping if mine doesn't break on its own that I can get away with getting pretty dilated before they do it for me. I kind of hate you for looking so awesome after giving birth. haha. Your hair looks perfect still! That's one of my silly things I keep worrying about... my face is already so puffy I don't want to have gross frizzy hair in our first photos. I love the pics of Blair and Morgan together... so cute! My DH was 5 when his little sister was born and he took her for show & tell at kinderagarden. MIL loves telling the story about how he gets up there and is like "This is my baby Kelly." If she does bring her in for show & tell you will have to take tons of pictures for us, hehe. Congratulations on the birth of your new daughter... she's absolutely perfect -- & what a good size too!

January 2nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Mom2M&S's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whitney, Morgan is adorable! Congratulations!!

January 2nd, 2010, 04:57 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome birth story that stinks dh gets sick poor man, she is a doll both of your little ladies are Congrats again.

January 2nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's beautiful, Whitney!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
January 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Morgan is soooooo precious!

Your family is beautiful! I like how you posted pics other than the baby - like the contractions and scale, etc - I can't wait until the day I see those contractions on the monitor

Congratulations!!!

~~~~~~
January 2nd, 2010, 07:26 PM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
She is precious, Whitney! Congratulations!!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search