Liam Robert, December 28, 2009

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess it's time for me to share Liam's birth story. It started on Saturday the 26th, L&D called me to come in for a non-stress test that I had forgetten about. I headed over there and I had been having a few contractions but nothing that really worried me. When they hooked me up to the monitors it started showing contractions every 3-5 minutes. They continued to get stronger so the nurse called my doctor and he had her give me a niphedipine and check me. I was a 1+ and 80% effaced, but I still had my stitch in. The niphedipine started to slow the contractions down a little so they sent me home. I continued to have contractions on and off Saturday night and Sunday morning. DH and I took a nap Sunday afternoon and I woke up having painful contractions about every 3 minutes. I took a shower and that helped a little, but not much. But I just assumed that they would stop so we went over to the in-laws for dinner around 3:30. By 4 I was still having contractions and they weren't getting any less painful or less frequent so I decided it was time to head to L&D. When I got there I felt like the contractions were slowing down so I was mad that we had gone in, but when the hooked me up it started showing them again. Luckily my doctor was in doing a c-section so he was able to come check me pretty quickly. My cervix hadn't changed, but my stitch had a lot of tension on it and my bag was started to bulge through so he decided to take my stitch out so it didn't do any damage to my cervix. As soon as he took it out I dilated to a 4 so they admitted me and moved me to the pre-term delivery room. About an hour later I was feeling quite a bit of pain in my cervix whenever I would have a contraction so they nurse checked me and I was 5+, fully effaced and my bag was really tight. She said whenever I would have a contraction the babies head would move right down. So she told us we would definitely be having a baby that night. That was around 8 PM or so. Around 10 I had them come give me my epidural because my doctor was going to come break my water. My doctor came around 11:30 or midnight to break my water and checked my cervix, I was now a 7+. After that I tried to get some sleep, but it was hard...I was too nervous, excited, overwhelmed, a lot of different emotions. At about 1:30 the nurse came in to check me again and it was time to push. The doctor came in and got everything ready and they told me to start pushing...not even 2 pushes later at 1:55 AM, weighing 5 lbs. 13 oz and 19 inches long, little Liam made his entrance screaming. I never thought I would be so happy to hear a baby cry because the NICU had told me that he probably wouldn't cry when he was born and they would have to take him away before I could even see him. But since he was screaming they were able to lay him on my chest for about 30 seconds before they had to take him. He was beautiful and I was in love with him the moment I saw him. They took him in to what they called the resuscitation room next to mine and started working on his little lungs. There was a little window between the rooms so I was able to hear him crying as they were in there. DH was able to go with him, but he got a little light headed watching them do everything so he had to lay down!! It was a great labor and delivery. It was hard that they had to take him away. I didn't get to see him again until 8 AM and I didn't get to to hold him until that night, but I'm so glad he is home with me now and I can cuddle him whenever I want!!

Thank you .t.e.r.r.a. for my amazing siggy!
January 8th, 2010, 09:45 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Thanks for sharing your story! It's cool that you didn't have to push too long, and I'm really glad they got your stitch out before it caused any damage. Amazing how fast everything went as far as dilating after the stitch came out and stuff. I'm glad you get to cuddle your little guy all the time now, but I'm sure it was hard having to wait as long as you did to see him and hold him after he was born!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
January 9th, 2010, 10:26 AM
MarieK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing! Hope your recovery is going great

January 9th, 2010, 10:34 AM
luvHim's Avatar Expecting #6
Thanks for the story!! I love reading birth stories! So glad your little one is home and doing great.

D~10 T~8 M~7 L~5 W~2

Angel #4
6wk6d February 11, 2012

January 9th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that was fast. Glad everything turned out perfect at the end!!! I love that DH got light headed....boys are soooo weak! HeeHee

January 9th, 2010, 10:53 AM
sunnikim's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad to hear all turned out well! Congratulations!
Emergency cerclage placed 18w5d & on bedrest; removed 36w1d

January 9th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Thanks for sharing hon and I'm so glad he is home. Here's to a fast and speedy recovery!
January 9th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like everything went pretty well, even though it was a little early! Thanks for sharing your story. Glad he's home and doing well.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

January 10th, 2010, 12:11 PM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
Beautiful Story!! and wow! 2 pushes, you go girl!!!

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
January 10th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Mommyto2Girls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your birth story. Glad little Liam is doing well.

Thanks AlexAiden Mommy
for my siggy!

January 10th, 2010, 06:55 PM
mommyof3now's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing and it's great that he is home and healthy!
January 10th, 2010, 10:26 PM
laurag146's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing your story!

Thank you ~*Helen*~ for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!!!!

January 11th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing your story with us!!! I am so happy Liam is home and healthy! Congrats!!!
January 11th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like all in all things went fairly well.

January 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing your story. Glad he is doing well.

January 11th, 2010, 03:20 PM
dragonfly2006's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
love your story and glad he is doing good!

Thanks to misfitinmn for my awesome siggy!!!
January 21st, 2010, 04:10 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
ohhhh, honey, i am so happy that things turned out so well for you, having a preterm delivery! i am still at 35&5, 3.5 cm, 70% effaced, and losing plug all day every day, with contractions left and right... i pray that my little Duck is as healthy as yours!!! how many weeks were you, exactly? 5-13 is a great weight though, for a december baby who was due in february! thank goodness little liam came out screaming, and got to come home with you pretty quick! xoxo, mama: hugs for you and kisses for the boys! i totally admire a woman who has the strength to have two babies in two years~ and not sure how i missed out on commenting here for like 2 weeks~ sorry!
thanks for sharing your story, it seems like a great delivery.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search