Williams birth story!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2010, 05:27 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Finally getting to tell you guys Williams birth story!! enjoy

Sunday the 3rd, normal day, hanging out with Jack and my parents, a few aches and pains here and there, nothing big. Sunday night I was getting ready for bed, I went to the bathroom to pee, wiped and as I was walking back to bed I had some watery discharge go a little down my leg.. (not a big gush, and it wasnt continuous, just a little) So, I go lay down, and wait 30 mns.. get back up and nothing.. no more leaking.. So off I go back to bed!!!

The next morning, Monday 4th I head off to my doctors apt!! I had gained 4lbs in a week.. oops!! and they got on my case about it.. Anyhow, I mentioned the leaking the night before and they ask me if I would like for them to check it.. They look doubtful and explain to me its very normal to have some discharge. ( I had posted a couple of times about this discarge on here) but they go ahead and check me.. and they say "wow, well it looks like your membranes have indeed ruptured and you need to head straight to the hospital!) UMMM great! I am by myself.. I ask if I can go home and get my bags!! They tell me NO, to go straight to the hospital and get started on the antibiotics, due to the fact we didnt know when exactly my membranes broke.

So, off I go, driving myself to the hospital, and I check myself in and off I go to my delivery room!!! It is now 11.15am I call my sub, and let her know I am not coming home (I had 4 children in the daycare that day) And then I call the parents and ask them to go pick up their little ones! So, they set me up on pitocin and I start to contract every 1-2 mns.. They dont check me to see if I am dialated due to the fact my membranes are ruptured and they dont want to increase the risk of infection. I call Williams father and my best friend who come to the hospital right away and they are my support team. Its now about 4.30, contracting more painful and I go ahead and ask for an epidural.. They check me and I am dialated 6-7. Now I am waiting for my epi, and its taking forever and my contractions are getting stronger and I am in complete misery. Finally the "god" shows up with my epi, and about 5.15 he is done setting me up!! relief However, 10 mns later I feel pressure and I think oh my.. not yet, the epidural hasnt kicked in. I call the nurse and she checks me, its now 5.40 and she just says, go ahead and start pushing.. "WHAT" So I start to push and I can feel him, epidural not working in those regions of my body.. yikes, too late now, and I push.. That ring of fire burning they say you feel.. well, its true, exactly like they say it, a ring of fire!! I had a mirror set up so I could also watch him being born, and suddenly there was his head!! and right after he is being helped out and put on my chest and I was completely in love!!! He was born at 5.55, I pushed about 10 times, active labor for 15mns!! I love you William Finn!!! (ohh, I have tears in my eyes just writing this story and remembering)

BTW!! for those of you who want to have a mirror and watch.. seeing yourself in that position, after gaining almost 40lbs was a sight to be seen!! I didnt recognize my own body.. !!!!!

Thanks guys for reading!!!

Last edited by twoboys; January 9th, 2010 at 05:29 PM.
January 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, everything happened so fast! Congrats! I'm glad everyone is happy and healthy

Major
January 10th, 2010, 07:33 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amazing birth story! congrats!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
January 10th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
How beautiful!!!!! Congrats on your adorable lil boy! You are such a loving mom! (((HUGS)))

~~~~~~
January 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Congrats on your precious baby boy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search