Log In Sign Up

FINALLY Alexander's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Posts: n/a
I'm sorry this is a month late Here's my story:

My 6 yr old dd and I got into a HUGE fight when she got home from school thursday, dec 17. Went to subway for dinner. I don't even remember what the fight was about now but we talked it out and I finally relaxed and put all the kids to bed. A few mins after 8 pm I felt a HUGE gush and realized I hadn't peed myself, my water broke. I freaked out and stood up, where it gushed all over my bed, the floor, everywhere. Remember I had excessive fluid so it had to go somewhere I called my dad hysterical because it was too early. He had to come watch my kids so he told me to call 911 to get to the hospital. I called my dr to let her know and turns out of all days she was away. I had just been to her office earlier but she apparently left town. I had an NST test that day too and baby's hr was high in the 170's and 180's. She wasn't concerned but I was. Turns out cord was wrapped around his neck.
So 911 comes and I threw the rest of my stuff into my bag but FORGOT my camera card to take pics with. Get to the hospital and had to go through the er. My pants were soaked and I was still leaking water. They get me up to L&D and I had to wait for a room. Definitely saw my water had broken as it was STILL leaking. I was SO embarrassed. I got into a room and was all by myself. My mom did arive a bit after. Dr on call, whom I had never met before calls me and said that their nicu here was full and he wanted to transfer me to another hospital. I wasn't quite comprehending that at first. I wanted to stay there and didn't believe my baby required the nicu. He was 35 and 4 days. The dr finally gets frustrated enough because I told him I didn't want to move hospitals. We were getting the blizzard the next day. I said if the baby needed to be transferred then fine I'd just d/c myself and go with him. He didn't like that idea. A nurse manager actually came in and I never asked for her. She explained if I delivered here the nicu would not let the baby go until he was stabilized and ok to transport. I liked that idea. She kept fighting with the dr for my rights as a patient. The dr was getting SO ticked off with me. I came in at 2 cms dialated and got to 4 cms. It took 3 nurses and 6 iv sticks before they got an iv started. Then they needed to draw blood because I had taken my last heparin at 8 pm and I wanted an epi. My contractions were very tollerable. Not painful, just slightly uncomfortable. I felt I could've done it without an epidural but **** dr said I had to get this baby out and ordered pitocin, which I did NOT want but had to agree to because he wouldn't have it any other way. I felt that he wanted me delivered so he could get home and be done and go play golf or something. I got no sleep, except maybe 20 mins. The dr was getting very angry at me because my body got stuck at 4 for quite a while and started talking c-sec. I refused. He told me the baby was stuck, due to my having had twins before and said I'd need a c-sec. My mom started chiming in saying yes c-sec but I refused. He gave me some more time and then got really pissed and told me that I went to 8 cms and he was amazed. Then he told me he's never had a patient like myself and how pissed off he was at me and he was noting it in my chart. He also told me never to come see him as a patient when my ob fired me. I told him I would ONLY consider a c-sec when my dad arrived, at 9:30 am after getting my kids to school. He didn't want to wait but I refused. He told me I was at risk for infection with my waters having broken but I told him I knew how long my waters could be broken and I'd had 2 bags of climdamycin for the gbs. That irked him but he let me continue to labor. At 9:30 my dad arrived and the dr checked me and I was complete. He told me to start pushing and Alexander came FLYING out in 2-3 pushes. He asn't breathing great, only grunting. They kept suctioning him out and they let me hold him for 1 min before they took him to the nicu. i had to wait an agonizing few hrs before seeing him because the epidural numbed me so well but not on my right side. it took the epidural guy 3 **** tries to get it right and then he missed the right side. Alexander spent 9 dasys in the nicu before coming home but hes a good baby, other then the terrible reflux.
Reply With Quote
January 23rd, 2010, 04:19 AM
nyc_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,939
I am from the Feb DDC and just reading birth stories to get myself ready as a first time mom. Good for you for sticking to your guns about the c-sec! That ob sounds like a real piece of work. So happy you avoided the c section even though you had to deal with such a jerky ob while you were in labor! Congrats!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0