We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Well my baby didn't want to come out. On Wednesday Jan 13, I started cervidil. My cervix was completely closed. On Thursday Jan 14, my cervix had opened finger tip to 1cm and I started pitocin. At 1 there was still no change in my cervix so my doctor stopped the pitocin and said we would start cervidil again that night. She believed that I could have a vaginal birth and felt if she broke my water that early that I had a higher risk of infection and a csection. I understood but I was upset because I had already been in the hospital for 2 weeks at this time due to my blood pressure. Anyway on Friday Jan 15 there was still no change to my cervix so I had to go back to antepartum and my induction would be attempted again on Sunday Jan 17. In the meantime, all the fluid I had lost from being on bedrest returned because of the fluid that they had to use while using pitocin.
After the friday attempt, I started losing my mucus plug and on Sunday Jan 17, I was started on cervidil again. My cervix was now 1 1/2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. So pitocin was started again on Monday Jan 18 around 6am. I was having regular contractions but I had been having regular contractions for a very long time. Around 1030am, I called the nurse because I thought my water had broken but I had actually peed on myself (didn't even have the urge to pee). At 11am, there was a big pop and my water had broke on its own. I instantly asked for an epidural because it was a big difference in the ocntractions I was having before and the contractions after my water had broken. However, they made me wait for about 15 minutes because I needed more fluids in me before getting the epidural. I was very upset because no one ever told me that part and I had gained 3lbs in 1 day from the fluids that they had put in me from the last induction. I feared getting the epidural before but as soon as the pain hit, that fear was gone. Got the epidural with no problems, didn't even feel it and must I say it was the best thing ever. From that point, everytime my cervix was checked there was always a change. At 6pm I was ready to start pushing. My doctor told me earlier in the day that my pelvis was tilted and that the baby may not be able to pass through. She said we can still attempt to push so I did for about an hour and he couldn't get past -1 station and everytime I pushed, my heartrate would spike to the 170s and over. I was done. I asked the nurse to call my dr so that we could have the csection. So wouldn't you know that two other people were having vaginal births at the same time that I wanted the csection so I had to wait. The longest wait ever but I think it was only about 30 minutes.
The csection went well. The only part I hated was the pressure that they had to apply in order to get him out. The attending physician was pressing on my ribs and it was the worse feeling ever. However, Dashaun was born at 825pm weighing 8lbs 5oz and 21 inches long. He has a head full of hair and did come out with a bruise on his left eye.
The healing process for the csection has been wonderful. I haven't experienced much pain and today was my first time actually seeing it. My dr did a wonderful job so you can barely tell that it is even there. After delivery, I just knew my blood pressure would correct itself but it still hasn't. We left the hospital on thursday after me being in there for 3 weeks and I had to go back in on Friday and was finally able to come home yesterday. Still have bp issues but hopefully it will be over sometime during this postpartum period.
Dashaun was a breastfeeding champ at first but with me having to go back to the hospital and not being able to see him, he has lost interest. I was able to pump in the hospital but dealing with the bp issues and him not being interested, I don't have any energy to continue but I still try before each feeding just in case.