Braelynn Danielle's Surpise Entrance

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 04:18 AM
MarieK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Her stats:
Weight: 5 lbs 6 oz
Length: 18 inches
Birthday: 1/25/10 5:47 pm

And here's how it happened:

9:00 am: Lyric and I get up and head over to Reston Hospital to get a bio physical ultra sound exam. After the exam we head home and are back to the house by 2. Lyric heads upstairs to play dress up, I hit the couch for a nap.

2:30 pm: I get a call from my Dr.'s office. They told me to head to labor and delivery right away for monitoring and a possible c-section tonight. I asked if I could wait for my husband and was told no, go straight there. They also told me to bring Lyric with me and not wait around for a sitter. The urgency had me a bit worried. Lyric was great, she got ready and helped me get ready fast.

3:30 I parked my car and was walking to the front of the building and by some miracle everyone arrived at the hospital at the exact same time, Stefan appeared from one direction and my mom from the other. We said our goodbyes to Lyric and headed upstairs.

4:00 By this time I was in a room, registered and hooked up to the monitor. I figured that they would do some monitoring over night so we settled in and got comfortable. (I should have known better). A few minutes later my doctor (Dr. Wilson). came in and said the fluids were dangerously low and she needed to deliver right then. Before I had time to absorb that info a nurse was in the room putting an IV in my left arm and the anesthesiologist was at the end of my bed reviewing the details of my epidural. My head was spinning, I started sweating and a billion thoughts/fears/prayers went shooting through my head. I heard Stefan laughing and looked down to see blood flying out of my IV and all over the bed and the nurse franticly trying to fix it (she was a noob), it was taking everything in me just to concentrate on what the anesthesiologist was saying so I decided to file the IV incident away and react later (Stefan and I had a good laugh about it post-Braelynn). Everyone finished their task at hand and the room was suddenly very quiet. Stefan and I had a few moments alone, the calm before the storm. He was able to talk me down off the ledge and get me calm and ready to have this baby!

5:30 Next thing I knew, I was walking down to the c-section room, I felt like a prisoner being led down death row. First things first, the epidural. Once that was in (and it wasn't so bad at all) Stefan was brought back in, the tent was put up and Dr. Wilson got to work.

5:57 I saw Braelynn for the first time, she was blue, tiny and so beautiful. They assured me the she was healthy and then I heard her cry, the best sound in the world I was overcome with emotion and tears were streaming down my face. I fell head over heels in love with her and my heart felt like it would burst. She got a little bit of oxygen to help her color, but they were soon able to bring her over to me and while they finished up the c-section, I got to hold her; Kent, the anesthesiologist was even nice enough to take a ton of pictures of Stefan, Braelynn and I.

About a 1/2 hour later they finished up the surgery. Turns out I only had about 2 table spoons of fluid left and had she stayed in a day longer things could have taken a dramatic turn for the worse. Thank God my doctor made the right decision and Braelynn made a safe journey into this world. After the surgery I was taken to recovery and Braelynn went to the NICU with Stefan. Stefan got her settled and then came back to help nurse me. My recovery was uneventful and on the way up to my room I was able to stop in the NICU and spend some time with Braelynn. They kept her for a few hours due to low sugar levels, but those cleared right up and the three of us spent our first night together getting acquainted.

January 27th, 2010, 08:59 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Wow, that had to be scary having them tell you to get there so fast and everything. Glad you handled it all so well and that your baby girl is safe and healthy! Thanks for sharing!!! She's precious!

January 27th, 2010, 11:51 AM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
A beautiful story!! thank goodness your doc was on top of everything!

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
January 27th, 2010, 12:43 PM
lillaceybug's Avatar Ruth
Ty for sharing i'm so glad everything turned out ok and she's doing great! Congrats again she's beautiful!

January 27th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow great pictures, great story!! what was the reason you had a bio physical in the first place - exactly what is that? Does that include an ultrasound? Sounds like your Dr. was really on top of things! CONGRATS
January 27th, 2010, 05:19 PM
MarieK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thank you God! View Post
wow great pictures, great story!! what was the reason you had a bio physical in the first place - exactly what is that? Does that include an ultrasound? Sounds like your Dr. was really on top of things! CONGRATS
She was breech so I had gone in the Thursday before for a regular u/s to check size and fluid levels in order to go in and attempt to get her turned. That was when they caught the low fluid levels. So my doctor wanted to get a more detailed scan before doing an u/s 3 weeks early. Turns out I ended up losing a lot more fluid over the weekend than expected so the benefits of delivery outweighed the risk.

Thanks for all the congrats!!!

January 29th, 2010, 08:30 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations!!! she is such a little beauty!!

i love what happened at 3:30!

hope you are recovering well!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 29th, 2010, 07:44 PM
laurag146's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is beautiful, thank goodness for your wonderful doctor.

Thank you ~*Helen*~ for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!!!!

January 30th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to Purpleclover
Congrats!! That sounded pretty scary, but glad everything worked out fine. She is beautiful!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggie!!!
January 30th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, a scary start but a happy ending!!! She is precious

My four loves
DD 3/02, DS 9/04, DS 2/10, DS 5/12

Expecting #5 12/21/14
Please do not mention on FB!

February 1st, 2010, 10:53 AM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Aww she's beautiful! I'm glad everything turned out okay!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search