Ayden Duval --- Feb 2, 2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Veteran
So where do I start? The first true sign of impending labor was losing my mucus plug on sunday and monday morning. On monday, I was pacing around the house with an uneasy radiating pain that I can only describe as cramps from my lower back to the front. Contractions started but were irregular and just uncomfortable. I lay down on my side, watched my SVU episodes and it started hurting a little more. Around 8 pm, the contractions were about 8 minutes apart and the pain was definitely something I was not familiar with. Walking around the house did not help, took a warm shower, put on makeup (hehe....wanted to look at least half decent for pictures) and woke DH up.

Arrived at the hospital around 1:30 am, hooked me up and contractions were already 2-3 minutes apart. Another lady in the triage was scaring the hell outta me when she started banging the wall and table when she was having a contraction. I coped with the pain by pretending to draw on the wall (??). The nurse checked me and I was 2cm dilated, 90% effaced and -1 station. She made a call to my OB and she said if I did not make progress in an hour, I would be sent home. I was upset to hear that because I was in a lot of pain. An hour late, I was 3cm, 90% effaced and 0 station so they checked me in and I had to wait till 5:40am before I was in a room. By then, the contractions were sooo bad, I was gripping to the bed and shaking. I signed the epi forms and told them to standby when I could not take it anymore - I was trying to be brave and hold out as long as I could. I think I waved the white flag at 8am and asked for the epi ASAP. That was the best decision EVER, I felt nothing when he was giving me the epi and about 10 minutes later, I did not feel the painful contractions. I had water leaking down my thigh around 9am and my OB came in and broke my water to keep things moving along.

I shall fast forward to the afternoon where I was 7cm dilated and fully effaced. I remember feeling a lot of pressure for hours when Ayden's head was descending. Ok, the next thing that happened was something NOONE told me to expect. I had a sudden drop in temperature, my body felt cold and I thought I was going to pass out. I started shaking violently for an hour and apparently, this is normal because of our wonderful hormones. Once I was fully dilated and engaged (some help from pitocin), the nurse started prepping me for delivery. All I remember was the immense pressure and the need to push with each contraction peak. The OB came in and I started feeling A LOT of intense pressure. After pushing for an hour, my OB suggested I rest with the next contraction but I just shook my head and said I was going to push. The next thing I saw was the most beautiful sight - Ayden; born Feb 2, 2010 @ 1722, weighing 7 lbs 3 oz and measuring 19.25 inches in length. DH cut the cord and they took him to weigh him, vitals, all that good stuff. I ended up tearing in 2 places and was kinda upset I had to wait so long before I held him after they stitched me up.

We were moved to the postpartum recovery ward where I spent 2 nights with nurses checking on us every hour. Ayden is doing very well, he eats a lot and has been semi-easy on us. Recovery has been slow for me, I ended up with a bacterial infection in the lining of my uterus and it was only discovered after I nearly passed out at the pediatrician's waiting room. Other than that, I am just taking it day by day and enjoying my time with Ayden and my DH.

Well that's my story, as best as I can recollect. I wish you ladies a smooth delivery too!

February 7th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He's cute! Glad everything turned out well. Sounds like you are a very strong mama!

February 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
He is soooooo adorable.. you did good!

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
February 7th, 2010, 02:06 PM
anika's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL at pretending to draw on the wall. good coping!! with Arrie I just closed my eyes and gripped stuff lol. I shivered really bad too, but only right after I had her, like uncontrollable shivering and I must have drank a gallon of apple juice I was so dang thirsty!

Congrats to you and making it so far without that epi!! what a precious little man
February 7th, 2010, 06:53 PM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing the birth story and the pic I can't remember,is Ayden ur first baby?
February 7th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again Ally! It sounds like your labor wasn't too bad and Ayden is absolutely ADORABLE!

February 7th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Veteran
Yes, Ayden is my first and after this experience, I am contemplating ever getting pregnant again but not ruling it out.
February 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Aww, he's so cute! Congrats!!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

February 19th, 2010, 01:19 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Had to laugh over pretending to draw on the wall, but hey, whatever works!!! Sounds like you did great!! I remember with my first baby, I got the epi and was trying to rest for a bit, but I was shaking so bad. I could only lay still when I had my eyes closed, it was bizarre, but then I had a baby within an hour.

Ayden is adorable!!! Congrats!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
March 10th, 2010, 11:47 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations--- he is sooo cute!
sorry that you ended up with the infection, how awful and scary! glad they caught it though, and you're getting better (or, got better!). take care and enjoy that precious new little guy, mama!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search