Zachary Glenn--January 24, 2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 10:59 AM
KJZMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
It all started that morning at about 9:30....I went to take my shower, went to the bathroom first and lost what I later found out was my mucus plug. Called my OB because it was bright red in color and was told to call if I had any bleeding what-so-ever. She sends me to L & D to be checked out and to confirm my water hadn't broken. DH showers and we wait for my mother-in-law to come watch our DD's while we head to the hospital in no hurry. Get to the hospital and they hook me up to monitors to watch baby and then check me...I am 1 cm high and thick but it was definitely my mucus plug that I had lost so my Doctor says I can go home but given my track-record with my DD's pregnancies, we will most likely be having a baby in the next 24-48 hours. So we leave the hospital and meet my in-laws for lunch...no contractions, nothing for the rest of the early afternoon. We all get home and I decide I'm gonna go for a nice looong walk around the block, 6 times totaling about 2 miles then I did a little bouncing on my yoga ball....still nothing. Ok I say, whatever he will come when he comes. At about 6:30 that night I had the NEED to walk again, can't explain it just had to walk, it was raining out so I am pacing up and down my hall, DH is laughing at me telling me to relax, MIL had taken the girls home with her so it was just us...I then at 7:00 can not stop having the urge to pee...go to the bathroom 5 times in 15 minutes not understanding it at all...at 7:15 my water broke all over the kitchen floor...I look at DH and say "can I please get some help over here" He's like ummm now what...rofl. Get towels, get bags and we need to get to the hospital which is 45 minutes away. So off we go, about 15 minutes into our ride contractions start at full force, I am yelling at him saying not so kind words, he drove faster and we made it to the hospital in a total of a 30 minutes. We get upstairs to L & D, after scaring the heck out of the 2 old people at reception cause they thought my kid was coming that second, they hook me up to monitors and baby looked good but contractions were about 2.5 minutes apart lasting 45 seconds...not a good thing for a mommy who needs to have a c-section. So my Doctor gets there and she attempts to check me...she can't get around his head to find my cervix They are now rushing the anesthesiologist and the attending physician...during this prep time I had to get up to use the bathroom, they get me up and when they put me back on the machine baby's heart rate was not traceable...I lost it, I was hyperventilating and a mess, so now here come the oxygen and the tossing and turning of mommy to find baby's heart rate and 3 nurses and 2 doctors holy crap. They finally find my little guys heartbeat again, thanks a lot for scaring the crap out of mommy one last time while in utero=) I get wheeled into the OR and get transferred to the operating table and prepare myself for the spinal, trying to sit still through contractions is nearly impossible, he gets the needle in and then dumps his tray on accident, then tries to tell me not to move, not too easy I am now biting my doctor and pinching her sides to try to stay still...and screaming I'm sorry the entire time, and leaking fluid everywhere still...God I could not wait for this to be over. Finally get the spinal and they lay me down and begin the process of delivering my son...Little Zachary Glenn made his appearance into the world at 9:36 p.m. on January 24, 2010 at 36 weeks 6 days gestation. He came out screaming which was a sigh of relief to hear my little man, weighing 7 pounds 2 ounces and was 20 inches long. he got an apgar of 9/9 and stole mommy and daddy's heart right away.

February 8th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Oh, he's beautiful!! I'm glad everything turned out!!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

February 12th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to Purpleclover
Wow, glad everything turned out well. We had the same hb scare that caused me to panic...not fun. He is adorable!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggie!!!
February 12th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow - what a scary story! But so glad he's here - and he is ADORABLE!!!
February 15th, 2010, 12:00 PM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
Well congrats and thank goodness you made it in time!!

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
February 15th, 2010, 12:04 PM
KJZMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you all...=)

February 19th, 2010, 11:10 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I'm kinda trying to catch up on reading stories, so I'm sorry for the late reply. Sounds like you had lots of scares, but thankfully everything turned out ok!

March 10th, 2010, 10:06 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
aw, congratulations, mama~ he is so precious! adorable!!
very glad to hear that you didn't deliver before they got you prepped for the section. good news. hope your recovery went well, too~ and i am glad that he was healthy and good-sized, for being a wee bit early. my daughter was born weighing 7-10.5 at 36+5, a few years back. it's a relief to know they are safe, when they come before their due dates like that!
welcome to the world, sweet baby zachary!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search