Nolan Jacob February 7,2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I already posted a little tiny bit in the post from yesterday but here is his full story of yesterday.

Around 3am I noticed that I had some brown spotting that I thought was from a cervical exam I had done two days prior. Then I started having low dull pains almost like RLP probably two an hour and nothing awful just uncomfortable and nagging. So I attempted to lay down but the days before I had just tossed and turned most of the night and it was the same that night. I eventually drifted off on the couch and woke up right after 6am feeling like I was going to puke. Of course I did (eww) and like instantly after that the pain was more 'contraction' like. I noticed after that one I had another 5 minutes later, then another 5 minutes later. So I called dh who left work at 6:32am and was home by 7am. We waited on my MIL to arrive to watch the kids and left at 7am. He ran every red light on the way

At that point they were closer but not enough to make me think I was truly close to having him. I hadnt had a single drop of blood or spotting since 3am that morning (which I still thought was from the exam) We got to the hospital at 7:15am and as I was waiting on dh to get the bag out 'just incase' they just started coming back to back. I felt like I had to use the restroom really bad, very intense pressure I dont even know how I walked to the hospital. I had to make dh stop my wheelchair twice on the way to L&D during a contraction because the bumps of the tile hurt. We got to the L&D and very casually they took me to L&D triage and told me to put the gown on and they would get me on the monitors. I got dressed but by the time I was walking to the bed I needed to push like NOW. I kept telling them this and they just said they needed to check me to see where I was at and not to push. So I laid down, she checks me and looks very worried all of a sudden. I said, "am I dialated?" and she said, "I dont even feel your cervix, just your water. You're complete hun"

I thought my DH was going to faint (my last labor was an hour and he barely handled that lol) during the next few minutes things were pretty blurry and flew by. I remember needing to push like you cannot imagine. They are both on the phone paging anyone. They tried to get an ER doctor, a surgical doctor (but most surgical offices in the hospital arent open at this point) they repeatedly called the on call OB and kept her up to date. I remember her saying at one point, "I dont think you are going to make it here if you are still 10 minutes out, doctor" My dh was even more paniced at that moment. I just remember saying HE'S COMING! and she looks down and my dh said she put her hand in and was literally holding his head inside. She's still on the phone trying to find a doctor, dh is asking what's happening, I'm calmly telling her I'm not pushing, he's doing it on his own...it was chaotic. Then I just remember hearing her tell the on call doctor on the phone, "Nevermind, she's going to deliver." I heard a loud POP, knew my water had broke (mostly because the bed hadnt been even broke down and it ran all up my back and down my legs) he crowned and I gave one good push (which despite the burn felt awesome compared to the rectal pressure from his head) and he was born. He came out screaming and bright pink. Dh and I couldnt believe we did it, without a doctor, without medicine, an IV, fetal monitors, nothing. I should have just stayed home!

j/k

Just a few more minutes and dh would have been delivering him if we had waited!

He weighed 6lbs. 12ozs and was 19 inches long. He did great latching on right away and the doctors said he was perfect. My doctor, the on call doctor, finally got there about 15 minutes after his birth. She was wearing pajama type clothes, no makeup and looked half asleep,lol. I felt so bad she had hurried there so early and missed it. We had a good laugh about how she told me at my last appt. she didnt think I would make it until my next appt. on Tuesday even though I was only 1cm and still thick when I saw her last, she was right. I had a couple of 2nd degree tears. Numbing me was the worst part of that but tonight I'm feeling more sore down there. I had two she did not repair because they were very close to my clitoris and she said it would be more painful if she DID fix them and they are bothering me a little tonight. Plus I have a cough so everytime I cough is OUCH!

I'm so tired, sore and feeling a little weak in the stomach muscles but other than that, I cant complain. He is such a sweet baby so far and we are really enjoying this time with him!!

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

February 8th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Wow, Amanda! That's awesome. I wish my labor had gone so quickly and smoothly, lol. Congrats! He has so much hair and he's adorable!!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

February 9th, 2010, 12:06 PM
mommyof3now's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats he is cute.
February 9th, 2010, 02:11 PM
IBake2Boys+1Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
Wow! That is amazing! congrats on such a great L&D experience!

Marie {mom to}
Ethan (7), Patrick (4), Emma (2)
Happily Married to Nathan (4.28.07)
February 9th, 2010, 04:49 PM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
Congrats!! wow! so fast, you are truly a strong woman!!

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
February 10th, 2010, 12:14 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
aw, what a sweet little guy. congratulations, mama! it sounds like one of my labours, lol! i figured i should've stayed home too-- maybe next time i'll be able to, lol!

you did wonderful! it sucks to go without pain medicine, but we are moms; we can do anything!

i am glad nolan is here and safe- great job! very dramatic arrival, too, lol!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

February 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM
We love Grace-Elizabeth
Congrats!!!!!
February 15th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what a great story. Your lil man is adorable!

February 19th, 2010, 11:24 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Wow, it's amazing how fast it went for you! Glad everything worked out and you made it there in time!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search