Elizabeth Rose Feb 7,2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 12:19 PM
mommyof3now's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Birth Story:

Well as you know I was scheduled for an induction due to baby's IUGR and the placenta scores declining on the lase few u/s's or as the Dr Dr put it "your placenta's getting old". on Feb 7,2010 at 9am.
I got to the hospital but the Dr was in surgery so we sat in the room and waited till noon when the nurse came in hooked up the IV and at 12:15 started the pitiocen I was 3cm 30% efaced -1 station. I felt no contraction and was showing none on the monitorer either.

Around 1:15 the Dr comes in and says well your not contracting yet lets break your water and see if that helps I was fine w/ that because I wanted my water broke knowing I progress faster after it is broke. About 10 min later I fell the contractions starting.

Around 2:00 I asked to use the bathroom and they check me first I was 5cm 80% effaced and 0 station.

Around 2:20 I call the nurse and tell her I need to push she said it was to early but she would check me again. She check's me and told me to keep breathing pops her head out of the room calls for help, the Dr and 2 other nurses come in the whole time I keep saying I need to push and she keeps telling me to breath through it, easy for her to say.

I start pushing and pushed 3 times then Elizabeth arrived at 2:29p February 7th,2010. She was nice and pink screaming her head off . I did have some bleeding issues after the deliver as i did w/ the other two so that was expected and was under control in less than an hr. After all was said and done the Dr said you told me that once your water breaks you go fast. And as the guys in the family said at lease you got it over with so we could watch the game lol.

Elizabeth is happy and healthy feeding great she is 5lb 13oz 18.25 inches long. She completes our family and the big kids are nuts about her.
February 9th, 2010, 02:08 PM
IBake2Boys+1Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
What an awesome birth story! Glad to hear all went well and you seemed to handle it SO nicely! Congrats momma!

Marie {mom to}
Ethan (7), Patrick (4), Emma (2)
Happily Married to Nathan (4.28.07)
February 9th, 2010, 04:51 PM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
you did a great job!! congratulations

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
February 10th, 2010, 12:03 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
good job, mama!! sounds similar to mine! (short labour, very quick after water breaks, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25")

congratulations on your new daughter-- i am so happy for you, hon!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

February 19th, 2010, 12:12 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Congratulations! Sorry it took me so long to post, I'm trying to catch up now. Sounds like you handled things great!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search