Cole David, Feb 5, 2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Regular
I can't believe he is here!! It is soooo worth the wait, pains, aches, frustrations, etc. of pregnancy. Anyway, here is the story of my son Cole:

My 39 week appointment was last Monday. I was not dilated at all and only effaced 50% (I had been like this for 2 weeks). I was scheduled to be induced on 2/5, but only if I made some progress. So, we scheduled an appointment to get checked on the 4th.

On February 4th I was 39 weeks and 2 days. I went in for my appointment and was 1 1/2 cm and 80% effaced. The induction was a go The doctor stripped my membranes in hopes that I would be 2 -3 cm by the morning. I felt great that day. I went home, finished packing and my sister came to get DD. We decided to go for a walk to get things moving. I started leaking and figured I was just peeing my pants (like always ) We continued to walk and these gushes just started coming out. By the time we got home I had completely soaked a pad, panties and my jeans down both legs. I was afraid to believe my water broke... I thought the hospital would send me home saying I peed my pants . BTW, amniotic fluid smells like nothing......my panties still smelled like my lotion). Anyway, got to the hospital and they checked me....still dilated and effaced the same and my water had definitely broken (they checked this by having me cough and watching the fluid come out...never knew that). This was at about 7:30 pm.

They waited a few hours to start pitocin to see if I would contract on my own more, but I didn't. I had contractions all through the night...nothing unbearable, but definitely painful. It took FOREVER to get to 4 cm dilated because I have scar tissue on my cervix. At about 5:30 in the morning on the 5th I felt a pop....the scar tissue had broken apart and my cervix finally dilated to almost 4. I immediately went into hard core labor!! I went to 4 1/2 within minutes. They were so great to get my epi right away and did an awesome job. I still felt a little on my right side but they just upped the dosage a little and I was good to go. Within 15 minutes I was at 7 and 1/2 hour later I was 9 1/2. Just waiting for the doctor to get there. When the doctor got there I felt the incredible urge to push...it was time YEAH.

I pushed through 3 contractions trying to get his head out but it just wouldn't come...I needed a small episiotomy. Once she snipped, I gave one push and he was out! She let my husband help pull him out...it was so cool. We both cried and baby Cole is just perfect. It was an amazing experience. The doctors, nurses and everyone were amazing and took great care of us.

Here is a link to see the pics taken at the hospital.
More about the Baby

Good luck to all who are still waiting on their LO. As soon as they come, you will completely forget all the frustration of the last few weeks of pregnancy.
February 9th, 2010, 04:45 PM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
Congratulations!! sounds like all in all you had a good experience, and now you get to enjoy your LO

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
February 9th, 2010, 05:11 PM
mommyof3now's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats
February 10th, 2010, 12:08 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations hon! i posted a comment on your baby page, too-- he is just beautiful!!!
and sooooo cool that the doctor allowed dh to help delivery him-- i have never heard of that. mike got to cut the cord-- i wanted to help, but the cord was very small and thin (maybe why he was small????) and since the baby had arrived, they just kind of ignored me, lol...

hope you are recovering well with that episiotomy. they suck!! glad everything went so well for you!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

February 11th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Regular
Thanks everyone!
February 12th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Aww, he's adorable!!! Congrats!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

February 13th, 2010, 09:19 AM
dragonfly2006's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he is beautiful!

Thanks to misfitinmn for my awesome siggy!!!
February 15th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! He is adorable!

February 19th, 2010, 11:26 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Congrats! Glad everything went well for you!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search