Alyssa Rose-born 2-11-10

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2010, 09:53 AM
lillaceybug's Avatar Ruth
I had a sceduled induction for thursday the 11th at 7am.
So hubby and i get up at 4am of course to get ready, take showers, pack the car up kiss our son goodby as grandma had him for the next few days.
I call the hospital to say we are on our way and they say i cant, they have no beds! I was so upset.
They did say to call back at noon as they had a few discharges.
I called back at noon and they said they have a few beds but a few ladies who where in Possible labor walked in and they cant give the beds away till they know for sure. So i had to play the waiting game AGAIN!
They finally did call me at 1:30pm to say i can come in. I was so excited and scared at the same time.
We get to the hospital at around 2pm start up the paper work and get checked in. They started my pitocin at around 4pm. Contractions started up right away at about 2 mins apart but they where just uncomfterble but no painful really.
I figured ok this isnt bad lol. I had regular contractions that i could still talk through and smile for about 2 hours, at 6pm they started to get painful and i had to focus through them.
At 6:45 My dr checked me i was 3cen could streach to a 4 and she broke my water.
Omg TMI but so much water came out, i was shocked, they had to keep grabing towels, i think i soaked about 6 or 7 they emptied their drawer and had to get more lol.
Well at that point the contractions got Umbarable and it turned stright into back labor. I had back labor with my son and got scared at that point. My dr said since it was back labor i would prob want a epi at some point as she will prob have to help turn the baby when i start pushing. I knew this was the plan already as we talked about it at my last appt so i opted for the epi right there.
about 20 mins later i was feeling great, epi was in, i coudlnt feel a thing. My legs where numb and everything lol.
Well they checked me a few times over the next few hours and no change was going on with my cervix, i wasnt dilating at all really so everyone figured it was going to be a really long labor.
Well at about 9:30 pm i started hurting again, i asked why i was feeling the back labor again and they didnt know why, so they called the dr back in checked my epi and everything was fine, no one could explain why i was feeling them again.
The head nurse decided to take over watching me and sent my nurse out, wich i loved couse the nurse i had at that point i did not like, she almost riped my IV out twice with being to rough.
The head nurse rocked! She checked my cervix said i was still just bearly a 4 but that she didnt trust me and started to get stuff set up. Hubby and i just looked at eachother like ok lol.
The contractions got unbearable by 10pm I was in so much pain it was like i had no epi at all, they had the Dr give me a big boost of if to see if it would help and all it did was make it so i coudlnt move my legs but the pain was still there untouched.
She checked me at 10 right after the boost of epi and i was a 6. She walked out got a nurse to set more stuff up walked back in checked me 10 mins later and i was a 8 lol.
I was shaking so bad she said it was becouse i was in transition and going so fast my body couldnt keep up.
I felt the erg to push big time and since my dr wasnt there of course they said wait if you can lol.
At 11pm i was fully diolated with the head right there! They called my dr to come in asap and my hubby called his mom to have her bring our son up so he could meet her right after the birth.
Everyone was shocked including my Dr how fast i had gone from a almost 4 to fully lol.
My dr got there finally they set me up for pushing and i think it was 15 mins later she came out at 11:26pm she is a perfect 8lbs 7oz 21 inches long! The Dr handed her to the nurses and she wasnt crying. They where suctioning her and she still wouldnt cry, i almost lost it, that fear of not hearing your baby cry is awful, my dr even stopped stiching me to take a peak as to what was going on for a second. They kept reassuring me she was ok, her color was good but they kept working pretty fast on her. Once they did a deeper suction and used Air on her she started breathing just fine but never cried.
I had a catagory 3 tear so LOTS of stiches, but it's well worth it. She's beautiful and i'm in love with her.
Daddy did amazing, he coached me through each contraction when i thought i would just loose it from the pain, he wiped my head with a wet towel the nurses even noticed how great he was. He woudlnt leave my side

It's so good to be home with her, she's a great baby only cries when she's really hungry, she has good awake times looking around and checking things out.
Her night scedule is good, she wakes up every two hours to eat then we changer her and burp her and then she usually goes back down to sleep ok.

Big brother is adapting awesome, he hasnt acted out at all, he wants to hold her all the time and is always checking on her to see if she's ok.

LIfe is perfect right now and i woudlnt change it for the world!

February 15th, 2010, 11:55 AM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
Well i bet you are glad to be done with that!! Congrats!!!!
your hubby sounds awesome

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
February 16th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Aww. I'm glad she's here and safe!!! Congrats again!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

February 19th, 2010, 09:52 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Glad everything is going so well for you and that you got through all that long labor with the epi wearing off and everything. I hope you get healed up quickly!

March 10th, 2010, 10:01 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
boy-oh-boy, rise and shine at 4am! and then you couldn't even go in after getting ready.... grrr! sorry about that, honey, yikes!

anyhow, hehe-- congratulations on alyssa's arrival, ruth!!! what a little princess you have.

timmy didn't cry when he was born either. at the time, i never thought anything of it. i knew he was conscious and his eyes were open and stuff. my other two were big criers at birth though, lol.
sorry for all the stitches-- i know the deal on that, too, unfortunately. i hope you're all healed by now. glad alyssa has been such a good girl for mommy, and that dh was such a wonderful coach for you, too. we moms deserve that in labour, but not everyone gets it-- lucky you, ruth!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search