Emma Lee born Feb. 18th 2010 EDD baby!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2010, 07:48 AM
IBake2Boys+1Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
My contractions started on Wednesday (2.17) night around 9:30 pm. After 2 hours of contractions that were 5 minutes apart I decided to page my doc and see what she wanted me to do. I didn't want to warn DH because I wasn't sure if this was a repeat of false labor or the real deal. So, at 11:30 pm I paged Dr. KJ and waited...and waited...and waited. At 12:30 am I decided to page her again but wasn't really sure what to do. By this time the contractions had started to space out so I figured they would eventually come to a stop. I by 1 am I still hadn't heard from my doc so I decided to just go to bed. I figured if they were real, they woudl eventually wake me up. My hospital is only 5 minutes away so I wasn't too worried about making it there.

About 2 am I woke up to the contractions again and, instead of timing them, I just kind of paid attention. Finally at 3:30 am I called my BFF, Devon, who was going to be in the room with DH and I and told her to go ahead and take a shower and get ready to go. I told DH as well that if he wanted to get a shower in, that sometime before Emma was born would be a good time I went back to bed and started timing contractions. They were still coming every 3-5 minutes and lasting anywhere from 1 minute to 2 minutes long.

At 6 am I told DH to go ahead and go to work and that Devon and I were going to the ER to see what was going on because I STILL had not heard back from my Dr.! Once I got out of bed and put the last of my things in a suitcase, I started to get worried. Cause now, my contractons were every 2 minutes on the dot and they HURT! Needless to say, we were no long dillydallying LOL! Got to the ER at about 6:45, up to L&D at 7 and she checked me and I was at 4 cm! Awesome for me, cause my previous labors it took me FOREVER to get to that point! They strapped me up to monitors and tried to get ahold of Dr. KJ. Turns out her pager was on silent from the night before because she went to church Oh well! Finally at 8 am the admitted me, and checked me again and I was at 6 cm! I went ahead and asked for the epidural because I couldn't take much more. The anesthesiologist arrived at 9 am and by then I was already 7 cm and starting to worry if I would even be GETTING an epi! Needless to say, I told the guy to hurry up By 9:30 the epi was placed and I felt MUCH better! I didn't feel any pain, but I could feel pressure and I knew every time I would get a contraction because I would get this horrible wave of nausea!

Dr. KJ told me that she would be back by 10:30 to check me and see how I was doing and that was fine with me, I was able to get a nap in. Well, 10:30 came and went with no sign of the doc. Finally at 11 am the nurse checked me and I had progressed to an 8. Something happened though when she checked me cause about 5 minutes later, I felt this INCREDIBLE urge to poop! LOL! It was the funniest feeling I had ever had in my life I told DH and Devon to get the nurse cause I seriously felt like I was going to poop my baby out. The nurse came in and I was 10! I still had the nausea and by this point I also had the shakes really bad so I knew it was coming. The nurse and nursing student had me do a practice push to see how she was coming down the birth canal and after that they went ahead and broke the bed down and set the table up. I was screaming at the nurse though because she was coming out and I was TRYING my best to hold her in but to no avail! Emma Lee came out screaming at 11:30 am all on her own! NO Pushing!! LOL! Luckily the nurse understood the panic in my voice and had time to get Dr. KJ in to catch her barehanded

I have to say that this was the most amazing delivery I ever experienced and am glad that I won't be doing it again! Even though I didnt' get a natural delivery, I do know that my body functions normally and that, in the end, is all I ever really wanted And now, a few pics for you ladies!

Marie {mom to}
Ethan (7), Patrick (4), Emma (2)
Happily Married to Nathan (4.28.07)

Last edited by IBake2Boys+1Girl; February 25th, 2010 at 07:52 AM.
February 25th, 2010, 10:17 AM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
What a gorgeous girl! congrats!!

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
February 25th, 2010, 11:29 AM
luvHim's Avatar Expecting #6
What a beautiful baby!

D~10 T~8 M~7 L~5 W~2

Angel #4
6wk6d February 11, 2012

February 26th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story and she is so adorable!!!!

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

March 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I totally understand that feeling of needing to poop... I felt that and then my body took over and was pushing and I couldn't stop it! Unfortunately for me, I didn't get my epidural in time LOL Sounds like your baby came pretty fast once you got to that point, no pushing wow!!! Congrats!!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
March 7th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Great job, mama! She's beautiful!!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

March 10th, 2010, 10:10 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congrats marie! she is so beautiful! and i'm glad to see in your ticker that she is nursing, yay.
sounds like a pretty good delivery, too.
and very cool that she came on her due date, hehe. it's great to be a mom of three, eh?
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search