the arrival of Addison rose!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2010, 04:30 PM
anika's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies!! I'm posting her birth story real quick before she wakes again. she's a very alert little girl!

So I went in yesterday morning at 5am, was hooked up to pitocin by 6 something and started contracting every 2 mins almost immediately. then, after an hour of that they stopped completely, so my nurse kept turning the pitocin up every ten minutes. my doc came in at 11am and broke my water, and I was still only 1cm dilated. As SOON as she broke my water the contractions were back to back and very strong. I was told I had to wait til 4cm for the epi so I opted for stadol in my IV. the lady who initially started my IV was horrible at it! my hand is swollen and still sore from her crappy job. I was so angry! Anyway, 30 mins after my water was broken, I was 4cm but I still was ok without meds so I chose to wait. well, 30min later I couldn't stand the pain anymore so I screamed for my epi. by the time the guy came in I was climbing and clawing up the bed in tears but trying to maintain. I kept feeling a lot of pressure but didn't think anything of it. it took the guy FOREVER to even get the epi in, and then he had to re-do it all the while telling me I needed to calm down. I was screaming! I think I cussed at him a few times telling him to shut the **** up and such. he was so rude!! I realized I was pushing during contractions uncontrollably and knew something was going on. I told the nurse I needed to push NOW and she didn't believe me until she went and looked and said 'GET THE DOCTOR NOW!!' the epidural NEVER worked and I was told not to push until my dr got there. I said screw you and pushed anyway. by the time my dr got there she had just enough time to throw a blanket over me and in 2 pushes Addi came flying out. literally it was 30 seconds. in the same push practically, head then body. I wasn't kidding around. Addi was 7lbs 1oz and 19inches long. yay! We are home now, and she just woke up and is hungry so I gotta run! we are having issues BF but I'm confident we will overcome them!!
February 26th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Holy Moly...you sound like superwoman! Congrats!

February 26th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, how sweet!!! Sounds like a memorable birth!! Lots of us had out little ones very fast this time!

Good Luck BF'ing, we had some issues at first but they are worked out now too!

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

March 3rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Isn't it amazing how fast you can get from no where to pushing? I had to push a lot more but that uncontrollable pushing scared me! Glad it went well for you though.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
March 4th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Angie- you're so right about the pushing being scary! I didn't understand what was going on. I never had the urge to push with Arrie because I had the epi. it was so weird! your body just naturally does it for you whether you want it to or not. eventually I went with it and pushed on my own, it felt so good to push during the contractions, did you notice that?
March 4th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Yes, it did feel better to push!!! It made the contractions way easier to take, but I hardly had the strength to do it!

March 5th, 2010, 07:42 AM
thankfully I wasn't in active labor but 2 hours so I still had the energy to push. I couldn't have been happier when my dr said 'ok get on your back its time to push'!

I can say the med free labor wasnt THAT bad but I wouldnt choose to do it again.
March 5th, 2010, 11:06 AM
med free for me was awful!

March 5th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Congrats on doing it med free! I did it both times without meds (not by choice, let me tell ya!), and I know it's miserable! Congrats on a beautiful little lady.

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

March 8th, 2010, 09:53 AM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
Congrats Anika. wow 2 pushes... strong mama!!
Luckily that epi didn't keep you from having the urge to push, but i bet it woulda been nice to have sooner.

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
March 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM
you know it's funny because it hurt worse pushing Arrie out WITH the epi than it did Addi. with Addi I felt her coming out but it didn't hurt at all. probably because she literally flew out like someone put butter on my vagina. but yes I think I liked it better without meds because I could feel myself pushing. with the epi with Arrie I was like what am I doing am I pushing whats going on? I can't imagine pushing for an hour like you did Jennifer.
March 10th, 2010, 09:17 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
aw, i had that problem with nasty pain and bruising from a hand IV once, too (while i was having almost-seizures from an allergic reaction to meds, and i nearly ripped it out soo many times!)! i told the nurse who gave me one with Nick about it, and complimented her on doing such a nice and painless job-- i literally didn't feel the needle, and she was sweet enough to do it in my arm-- i don't GET why they put them in your hand, ever! aw, and sorry you got a not-so-kind anaesthesiologist... these people have to be people-persons, don't they get that? it can ruin everything to get unkind hospital staff.
wow, a nice and quick ending. i feel your pain with that part, and the useless epidural. luckily, we women are strong, and we can have our babies, pain meds or not!
congrats on the arrival of your new little girl. i don't know that i've seen a photo of her, since i've been mia, but i know she is beautiful like her mom and big sis!

good luck with the nursing, hon! i am sure you guys will do fine.

in a weird way, it's funny to me-- i officially had NO pain relief for my first two, and they were just awful-- the idea of repeating them had me practically in tears, waiting for labour this time. i was dreading it sooo bad. this time, i was able to get half an epidural, hated it, and then had so little pain the whole time that i wished i had gone without-- i don't know if i'll ever be a mommy again, but i would actually choose natural again, lol. life can be funny!!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search