Austin Kong Meng - Feb. 18, 2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Austin Kong Meng came into the world at 6:27 p.m. CST on February 18, 2010 at 8 lb even, 21 inches, and head circumference 14.5 inches.

February 16, 2010, I went in for my 41 week appointment, and I was disappointed to find out that I had not made any progress since my 40 week appointment. My OB recommended that I go to the hospital on Wednesday, Feb. 17 for gel to prepare my cervix for my induction on Thursday, Feb. 18. On my way home from the appointment on Tuesday, I bought 2 pineapples and ate them that night. Wednesday Michael and I went to the Ash Wednesday service at church and then went to the hospital for the gel. When they checked me at the hospital, I had dilated to 3 cm and was not able to have the gel. Guess the pineapple worked! The next morning I called the hospital for a time to come in and after my second call, they were able to tell me to come in at 11 a.m. We went in at 11 a.m. and after 3 tries, they had my IV set up by noon. Contractions took awhile to get going because they started me on low dose pitocin and started the drip at a very slow pace. They increased the drip every 1/2 hour until I was in a good labor pattern. We walked a lot over the afternoon to try to get things going. At 3 p.m. the nurse checked me and I was at 4 cm. At 4 p.m. I was checked again and still 4 cm. More walking.... About 5 p.m. my contractions really started picking up. I labored mostly on a birthing ball and standing up. This was very nice because with Aaron, they did not give me a remote monitor and I had to be in bed most of the time. At 6 p.m. the nurse checked me again and I was at 6-7 cm. She said that I could go from that to having my baby in a couple of contractions. I thought, "yeah, right." The nurse called the doctor - my OB had just gone off call - bummer! After a few more contractions the nurse told me to get in bed - I was feeling a little bit of urge to push. She said to get in bed so my baby wouldn't fall on the floor. Again, I though, "yeah, right." Well, I managed to get in bed. I felt incredible pressure and just thought it was my water about to break. The resident OB was getting ready to deliver my baby, but Dr. Kohls from my OB office arrived. She told me not to push at first, and then she said if you are feeling a contraction push. I really didn't feel like I was pushing, my body was doing it on it's own. I felt a great release, and I thought it was just my water breaking. I said something like "what was that?" and they said, "it's your baby." I looked down and there he was. He cried and then he pooped - a lot! They wrapped him and gave him to me with the cord still attached. After a few minutes, Michael cut the cord and my placenta came out with a gentle push. I just had a small tear that required 3 stitches. We attempted to breastfeed after a few minutes. He had a hard time latching on at first. It didn't take him long to get the hang of it, though, and now he's breastfeeding like a pro.
Overall, my birth experience was wonderful. The nurses and the doctors were great - much better than with Aaron. I was very happy that I did it this time with no pain meds!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 28th, 2010, 11:46 AM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
Big congrats!! no meds? way to go!! He is absolutely adorable

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
March 3rd, 2010, 07:19 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Congrats on your baby! I wish my labor had gone so easy

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
March 5th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Congrats! Sounds like you had a wonderful experience. He's adorable!!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search