Elijah John 2/25/2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2010, 12:30 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I got to the hospital at 7, after having a better night of sleep than I really expected to get since I was anticipating getting up much earlier than I usually get up. I had to wait a while in my room for the nurse to come in. She was accompanied by a student nurse, who was a nice older lady, but didn't know anything and she wanted to talk a lot. I was given the Cytotec around 8, after getting checked by the nurse. I hadn't dilated any more since the day before. Then I basically sat in the bed while the nurse went through paperwork and had me watch some videos about breastfeeding, SIDS, one telling me not to shake the baby and one about learning baby cries and what their different cries mean. At noon I was checked again and given more Cytotec. It was helping me thin out, but I wasn't dilated much more yet. We then waited around most of the afternoon and the nurse checked me around 4 but when the nurse checked me Eli's heartrate went down so she called the doctor and he said to wait until he could get there and check things. She didn't give me a 3rd dose of Cytotec because of the decel. She started getting everything ready for a c-section, just in case. Doctor got there after 6 and broke my water after checking me and everything was fine. My water was broken at 6:27 I think. There was some meconium in the water so they ran a bag of something to wash me out.

From then on, I had really painful contractions one right after the other with very little break. I watched TV some and I got checked again a little later. I was at 5cm and miserable. I asked for an epidural, after debating for a long time. My nurse got the wheels going for that, and I was on the IV fluids to get it. I was in bed and having the most horrible contractions. I had to focus on the ceiling, and I was trying to breathe through the contractions. I seriously didn't think I could take it, I was hurting so bad and nothing seemed to help. I was miserable, and then all of a sudden my body was pushing and I couldn't stop it. It was so scary. My doctor wasn't there and the nurse started yelling for help and she got the epidural cart out because there wasn't going to be time. She checked me again and I was 10 cm. This was about 15 minutes after I was a 5. I was freaking out thinking something bad was going to happen because they were telling me not to push and I couldn't stop it. Finally doctor got there and I was allowed to push. It seemed like it took forever, but I guess I pushed for about 15 minutes. I'm basing the times on what my husband told me, because I don't remember anything about the time. I didn't have any pain meds in my IV and no epidural. Apparently Eli was kinda popping out a little and going back in and I thought that was what was happening. I was having a hard time getting him out, but finally he was there!!! I was relieved for a bit, but I was shaking uncontrollably. I didn't hold him right away because I was shaking so bad and I was so freaked out.

I think I was torn up pretty bad, the stitches took forever. Seems like I may have heard something about 2nd degree tears, so it could have been worse I am sure. They gave me pitocin to make my uterus contract back down and those hurt pretty dang bad too. I shook forever, and finally got to hold my baby a little while later.

Elijah John was born at 9:33 pm on Thursday February 25, 2010. He weighed 9 pounds and 2 ounces and is 21 inches long. He's as healthy as can be! He's already picking up his head and stuff a little, so strong!

March 5th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
That's exactly how I felt when I had to push- like my body was doing it and I had zero control! You went so fast from 5-10!! That's great! I'm sorry you tore so much, though, but I'm glad your little man arrived safely! He's defintely adorable!!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

March 8th, 2010, 09:48 AM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
What a cutie.. I had to arrive at my hospital at 7 am to be induced also, and its amazing how we where both able to rest.
I was reading your story and feeling those pains right with you. probably better off you didn't get that epidural.. 15 minutes of pushing!!! way to go!!! My DS anthony shares a birth day with Eli

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
March 10th, 2010, 08:56 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations angie! i am so happy for you. sorry you didn't get the epidural in time-- i know all about that, and being told not to push-- like you can just turn it off-- it's instinct/reflex, lol!
what a big guy! sorry for all the stitches-- ouch! but sooo glad to hear that he is here safely and healthy! yahoo!!

hugs to you, mama!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search