The birth of Ashlynn Ljiljana

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2010, 07:49 PM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
The Birth of Ashlynn Ljiljana

I went to my 41 week appointment on Monday, March 1 2010. I was 2 centimeters dilated (had been for two weeks and the baby was still up high) At this point I was a week overdue and my doctor decided that it would be best to induce. I had no objection and so the date of March 2, 2010 was scheduled as her birth day.
I was to arrive at the hospital at 7 am to be admitted. I checked in, changed and was hooked up to the monitors by 8 am.

The nurse checked and I was at 3 centimeters. Next thing I knew, they where putting in my IV and running the pitocin..
before the pitocin took effect, measurable contractions where showing up.. but I wasn't feeling them. Next, the doctor came in and broke my water. They where definitely rushing things.
Now it is about 10 am, the pitocin is working and I can feel the contractions, they didn't hurt but where noticeable.

Nurse checked me and I was at 5 centimeters!! She asked me about my pain and I overestimated the amount in order to get my epidural in time.

Since I had dilated enough, the anesthesiologist was on his way. He got there quick and put it in right away.
Since I wasnt feeling much pain, getting the epidural was horrible. Andy took the epidural worse, he was looking queasy and was told to sit down and have some juice.
As soon as the meds where put in, I was checked and at 9 centimeters, couldn't feel a thing!!. The nurse said I shouldnt feel any pain until after delivery. At this point, I thought I was going to get away with an easy labor.
Next thing I know tits about 11 am and there are tons of people in the room, the bed is broken down, spotlights on and its time to push. The first few pushes came and went but I couldn't feel anything..

She sure was a stubborn thing, just did not want to come out. I think they should have waited until the baby had reached a lower station before having me push, she was only at station 2. . Her heart rate was dropping big time and they needed to put an internal monitor in me...things where getting hectic.. on came the oxygen mask and I continued to push with no success. The doctor was about to pull out the forceps and my mom was looking really worried. I think the epidural made me so calm that I was in a daze and didn't really catch what was happening. My mind was not focused at all. Me and the baby just could not work together with that epidural. When the doctor decided to turn it off, I was more than ready to get my feeling back. I was crying so hard, not out of pain, but out of frustration of not being able to push my baby out. Once the meds wore off I began pushing without being told and they allowed me to push for as long as I wanted when I wanted. I could feel her coming out and at that point the pain was a relief. I let out a few loud screams and gave it my all.. next thing I know my mom tells me to look down and I seen her gunky little head. it was the greatest moment ever. They let me pull her out onto my chest and I just held her and kissed her. Ashlynn was born at 12:35 pm, 6lbs 12.5 oz and 19.5 inches. My labor was a little under 3 hours and I pushed for an hour and a half.

It was such a beautiful experience and I feel blessed to have had such an easy labor that ended with the delivery of a perfectly healthy little girl.

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!

Last edited by fulloflove; March 10th, 2010 at 01:43 PM.
March 5th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HarpersGirl
Wow super jelous of your birth experiance hun! Ashlynn is beautiful, looks like her Mommy Congrats, and WELCOME ASHLYNN! Finally lol

March 5th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Rh♥nda's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ashlynn is soooooo beautiful!!!! You look amazing!!!
So happy for you!!!
How is your son adjusting?
March 5th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh♥nda View Post
Ashlynn is soooooo beautiful!!!! You look amazing!!!
So happy for you!!!
How is your son adjusting?
He just wants to feed her all the time, hold her and it gets a bit overwhelming! Im still worried about having to divide my attention between the two of them..

March 5th, 2010, 08:59 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Congrats on your beautiful little baby girl!

March 5th, 2010, 09:37 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Congrats! Now BOTH the Feb DDC (soon to be playroom!) Ashlynns are here!
=) I've been waiting impatiently for news on her birth!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
March 7th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
Aww, great job mama!!! She's beautiful. So much hair!

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

March 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMommy View Post
Congrats! Now BOTH the Feb DDC (soon to be playroom!) Ashlynns are here!
=) I've been waiting impatiently for news on her birth!
Hooray!!
everyone comments on how Ashlynn is the most beautiful name ever!!

March 10th, 2010, 08:50 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations hon! i am so glad to hear that she's here! and she's gorgeous!
your second labour even had some similarities to mine, again, lol-- being longer than the first, and the epidural just not being the right thing-- i wouldn't get it again, if i have another baby someday.
but i am so glad things went so well!

i particularly love her middle name, and the Js in it-- you must be scandinavian/european? or just like the look?
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Last edited by justjaQ; March 10th, 2010 at 08:53 AM.
March 10th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjaQ View Post
congratulations hon! i am so glad to hear that she's here! and she's gorgeous!
your second labour even had some similarities to mine, again, lol-- being longer than the first, and the epidural just not being the right thing-- i wouldn't get it again, if i have another baby someday.
but i am so glad things went so well!

i particularly love her middle name, and the Js in it-- you must be scandinavian/european? or just like the look?
Ljiljana is my boyfriends moms name.. its yugoslavian

March 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM
well, it is lovely-- i love Js that sound like Ys. heck, i like europe in general, and all foreign things, really. I always thought that "Katja" would be so lovely for a little girl, and wanted to go with Silvia... but Mike hated the name, cos it was "too old-fashioned". grrrr, SO what?!

March 10th, 2010, 01:38 PM
so i have me a couple of very american sounding kids, lol. Melissa May (my grandma/her mom/my aunt/my cousin's middle name. i was always so jealous, cos i think "May" is prettier than "ann", so i vowed to steal it for my own daughter, if i ever had one. and i sure did, heehee. i was talking to my grandma a few months ago, about baby naming, and she said, "shame on me, but i can't remember missy's midle name, offhand." i laughed and said, "yes, SHAME ON YOU, she's named after you!" we laughed so hard!) and timmy and nick's middle names are both Michael-- Timmy just cos we liked the name, although my ex will tell you that it's because his brother is named Mike (his brother is a scumbag though, frankly, so i'd never ever name someone after him like that and then nic got it because it's his dad's first name, and we had talked about it, and timmy was okay with it-- i think he finds it kind of cool that he gets to share his name with his little baby brother. )

how do you like having a girl now? i haven't beenable to talk with you since you gave birth-- mike got a new house and we moved over the weekend, no internet... and melissa messed up my mom's computer, so i haven't had the chance to be online in what feels like forever! i so hate it, and i've missed everyone, and i esp. hate that i've been missing out on birth announcements here! omgoodness, we're a playroom, you know?! :O i can hardly believe any of it! it's all over. and i too am teary about it... i had a very good birth this time, and part of me is already ready for a 5th pregnancy, lol... just that i'm in NO way ready to be a mom again. i'm with you, on wanting to have a pretty big gap, if i ever have another child- at least 4-5 years.

oh, and one more question- is it spelled Lij or just Lj at the beginning? I saw you put it both ways. again, i just sooo love the name! always liked Lily, Lila, and all the variations.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search