Baby Nicholas room...Edited 4/17

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Let me just say that this room was a mess to start with! It had NO closets...about 300 electric outlets on the walls (IDK what the weirdo's did that lived there before). PINK MARBLE FLOOR...yes you heard that...PINK! Gold walls...no crown molding...ugh. No recessed lighting...it was a MESS!!! It's not anywhere close to done but this is as far as we got at 3:00 on Saturday and we had guests flying in at 3:30! None of his name decals or decorations are up yet!

These are the closets we did with the 46 inch space for the changing table my friend was "supposed" to give us...urgh...I think when I can buy a glider it will go there instead:

Last edited by 2Nlove; April 18th, 2010 at 11:36 AM.
March 15th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Looking good! Looks like that dresser is made to be a change table too so I guess other than that space you don't have to be too put out by that "friend".

Thank you luv2bemommy for the blinkie
March 15th, 2010, 02:47 PM
WifeyHayes's Avatar Marine Wife expecting 2nd
Send a message via Yahoo to WifeyHayes
Wow! Very nice! It looks so sharp and clean lined! I love it, I really do! Did your hubby do the hardwood and closets? It all looks very nice!

March 15th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeyHayes View Post
Wow! Very nice! It looks so sharp and clean lined! I love it, I really do! Did your hubby do the hardwood and closets? It all looks very nice!
No he didn't, when I say he "came through" I meant the original guy he hired was a patient of his they traded services (a 25 year old kid). He was supposed to finish the closets and floor in 4 weekends. The first weekend he didn't show b/c he was in jail for beating up the guy that his girlfriend was cheating on him with. The second weekend he came for about 2 hours on friday, then on Saturday he worked from 8-1 then had to leave to get an AIDS test b/c he got a new girlfriend and she wouldn't sleep with him until he did it...he was supposed to be back by 3 and work til 9...never came back Saturday or Sunday. Then called on Monday said he couldn't finish on trade it was too much time, and he needed cash too. So he was supposed to come the third weekend, didn't show b/c he missed his court date from the first weekends jail and was in jail again. So then DH fired him with basically 1 week until the shower. We found someone decent on Craigslist...they started the job, said it was too much and quit. So we were literally like 4 days from the shower with drywall everywhere a mess. DH found someone to do it that dedicated 4 days to doing it non-stop and then had to get painters in to paint the closets and finish up the crown molding!! The flooring we actually had gotten really cheap a long time ago we were going to re-do the laundry room but we didn't get enough and it was discontinued...so it actually was perfect amount for this room! Someone else laid it though..not DH!
March 15th, 2010, 04:59 PM
momoftwins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Super cute!

~Thank you SO much to Jaidynsmum for my fabulous siggy!!~
March 15th, 2010, 06:28 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
so cute!

You could also put some type of bookshelf or toy organizer by the window where you originally intended the changing table. Or a toy box/bench, those are pretty cute

Last edited by -erin-; March 15th, 2010 at 06:33 PM.
March 15th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So cute! And your baby already has such a nice tv!!!

And sounds like firing that handy guy wasn't a bad idea... he sounds like he's straight from Jerry Springer or something. LOL!
March 16th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by charityvanessa View Post
So cute! And your baby already has such a nice tv!!!

And sounds like firing that handy guy wasn't a bad idea... he sounds like he's straight from Jerry Springer or something. LOL!
LOL I agree with Charity....that guys just sounds like bad news, I think you guys did yourself a service by getting rid of him! The baby's room looks great! I love the colors....and that crib is amazing, I would say it was worth all the trouble you had to go through to get it back
March 16th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Momofapeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very nice. Congrats on getting the room done. We're having the same issue with people that are supposed to do a "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" kinda thing to help us finish DD's room... annoying!!
March 16th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I originally wanted to do a bench in between the closets...but that room is so small if I don't shove the rocking chair in there it won't fit! That room has to be a baby room only then when they get a little bigger move them b/c it is really, really small but it is right next to my room...like not even a foot away from my door and my side of the bed is closest to the door so it works out good!

[QUOTE=charityvanessa;19456170]So cute! And your baby already has such a nice tv!!!

Thanks..DH bought baby a tv and we don't even have a flat screen in our room! We have a huge boxed old tv!
March 16th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Regular
I love it!!!!
April 17th, 2010, 02:17 PM
update...
May 6th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH is jealous that i wont let him put a flat screen in the nursery lol

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search