Baby Jack's Arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2010, 12:19 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it has been so long posting this, but life got a little crazy...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010:

I went to work as usual like any other day. Lost my mucous plug the day before and had some contractions here and there. Nothing regular. After lunch, the contractions began coming on average 10 minutes apart. Sometimes they were 10 minutes, sometimes 15 minutes. About 2:00 pm, they started hurting so I called my doctor. He told me to wait until I was having contractions 5 minutes apart and then come to the hospital. He said we need to wait and see if this was actual labor or not. I was furious! I got off the phone and told my husband that if this wasn't labor, when labor actually started I was getting drugs bc this stuff was hurting. I continued to work. My husband picked me up from work at 5:00 pm. As soon as I got in the car, the contractions starting coming quicker and harder. It takes me 15 minutes to get home from work, and in those 15 minutes, I had three contractions (hard). We got home and started timing contractions. My husband had to leave for class @ 6:00 pm. But we didn't know if that would be a good idea or not. I was having contractions five to seven minutes apart. I told my husband at 5:30 that if I had three more contractions in next 15 minutes, he wasn't going to class. Well I had three contractions. So I called my friend to meet us at the hospital to watch our kids bc I was going to L&D to get checked. On the way to the hospital the contractions started coming 3-5 minutes apart. I started to get very nervous. We got the the hospital at 6:30 pm. We went up to the L&D floor. The nurse asked me if I was contracting (who just happened to be the friend that I didn't want to be there). She was in the middle of shift change so she ended up not being my nurse. They hooked me up to the monitors. The oncoming nurse asked me if this was my first. I told her no - my fourth. She then said then you know what a contraction feels like. I told her yes. She checked my progress and then looked at me and said well you aren't going home. You are a 5 almost a 6. And your bag is bulging. Looks like we are having a baby tonight. We started calling everyone who was on our labor list. My support system folks started showing up. They got my IV started and the GBS antibiotics going. The doctor who was oncall came in and asked if she could break my water. I said yes. She broke my water and it was clear. AS soon as she broke my water, my contractions started stacking. I couldn't get any relief. So I caved and begged for drugs!!! THe nurse came in and said well I can give you Stadol. Nothing else bc the baby is too low, I can feel the top of his head. I looked over at my husband and said crap! I went ahead and got the Stadol. It didn't do anything!!!! The nurse came back in, checked me and told me that I was almost complete. I was in shock by this time. I told her that she was not serious. She said yeah, I need to go get the doctor now. I started having some major pressure and was wanting to push. The doctor came in and checked me. She noticed that my bladder was full, so she had to drain it. I then started pushing. Four contractions and he was here. They didn't even have time to drop the bed. He was here at 8:57 pm weighing 7 pounds and 18 1/2 inches long.

The nurses and doctor didn't think I was really in labor when I got to the hospital. My friend was the only one who thought I was. She told them that is just Christy - calm and collected.

When he first got here, he had to have some oxygen. they don't think it was because he was early, but bc I was on beta blockers during the entire pregnancy. We also had some problems with latching on when breast feeding. But we have that going now. Since I only got one round of antibiotics, Jack had to stay in the hospital for 48 hours and have antibiotics infused through an IV every 12 hours. I had to stay the same length of time he did, because the second day, I started to lose feeling in my hands and feet. They never did figure out why. It has corrected. We got to go home on Friday, MArch 12.

We ended back in the hospital on March 15 bc Jack's billi levels were too high. He spent 24 hours in the hospital and 12 hours under the lights. I had to fight the nurses about him breast feeding. They were not going to let me nurse him at all. I begged to let me pump and give him my milk which I got to do. He is doing good now. Still yellow, but his levels have dropped.

Last edited by JaxonsMom2010; February 16th, 2013 at 08:35 PM.
March 19th, 2010, 12:27 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Wow! That was fast!!! Nice job momma Congrats on baby Jack's arrival!
March 19th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Yay for a fast labor and delivery!! Congrats and I can't wait to see some pics!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
Wow, when that baby wanted out, he wanted out huh? lol.. Congrats on the little guy
March 19th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy for you! Congrats!

March 19th, 2010, 01:55 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Congratulations!! Great job!
March 19th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!

March 19th, 2010, 04:22 PM
esli232's Avatar Veteran
Congrats!!!

March 19th, 2010, 05:43 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!

March 19th, 2010, 06:26 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
Great Job Mommy!!!! He is so cute!!! I love your matching outfits!!!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
March 19th, 2010, 06:41 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congratulations! What a fantastic birth!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
March 19th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! He's a cutie

March 19th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Congrats Mama!! LOVE the matching outfits

March 19th, 2010, 09:16 PM
jojobug414's Avatar Mommy to a Miracle
Congrats! What a handsome little boy .

March 19th, 2010, 09:32 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Quick labor! congrats!!! Sounds like it was nice!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
March 19th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Congrats and welcome to the little guy!
March 20th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow what a great story (maybe not so much at the time!) - Congrats!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 20th, 2010, 04:33 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Aww, I totally teard up when I saw that picture. He is so adorable! Your birth story sounds so much like mine with my last delivery, except I got an epidural and as I was getting it my water broke and it was time to push, just like that! Congrats!
March 20th, 2010, 05:27 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on you beautiful little boy!!!

March 20th, 2010, 03:45 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! He's adorable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search