Kaycee Lynn's story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I spent April Fools day (My due date) playing labor and water breaking jokes on my family and friends but around 9pm that evening I started to feel regular braxton hicks that were changing into crampy feelings.

My DH insisted that we time them because he was freaked out since my other two deliveries were inductions. Around 12:30 that night DH said he was taking me to the hospital. I knew it was too early and I told him but he just wouldn't have it any other way. So we spent a few hours in L&D and got back home around 3:30 am. I kept contracting through the night and dozed off here and there. I woke up at 6am with the kids and showered. I gave the kids a bath and vacuumed. Around 9:30 I told my mom that I was going to take a break from the kids and go upstairs to relax and deal with the contractions. I laid in bed for awhile and timed the contractions but they were all over the place still so I decided to take a walk. Around 12:30 pm I figured that the contractions were getting pretty painful so I checked my cervix and I guessed it at 3cm and fully effaced. I called my OB and they said to go to L&D.

When we got to L&D the doctor checked me and I was happy that she agreed I had gone from 1cm and 50% to 3cm and 100% but my doc still didn't believe I was in labor. She said that I could walk the hallways for awhile. We only walked for maybe 15 minutes when I felt sick to my stomach. I couldn't get to a bucket fast enough and I puked in the hallway. So that was the end of my walking.

They checked me again and now I was at 4cm so they decided I should stay. I asked the nurse to call for the epidural so we waited for anesthesia to arrive. My contractions still weren't regular so my OB started pitocin. I don't recall when the epidural arrived but it was heavenly and the very first time that an epidural actually worked for me. After the epi my doc came in and broke my water. I started to feel the contractions again so they boosted up my epi and within seconds I was super comfortable again. Around 6pm the nurse checked me and said that I was at 10 and the baby was right there. I had no idea, because in the past I had felt everything so having the epi was really new for me. The nurse had me do a practice push and then told me to stop and not do it again until the doctor came in. I was so relieved that my pushing was good with the epi because in the past I was able to feel everything. The pushing was my biggest worry this time around.. I just feared me pushing for 2 hours because I had no feeling down there. While we waited for my OB, DH and talked about how we were both so amazed how I felt no pain and only pressure - SOOOO different from having epi's that didn't work. The doc came in and I warned him how I had lots vaginal tearing with my previous deliveries (50 stitches last time). He looked at me and said that seemed pretty strange. So with the next contraction I gave one push and at 6:10pm on April 2nd Kaycee was born weighing 6lbs 2oz and 19 inches long. I had ZERO tearing (no vaginal tearing and no tearing in the episiotomy area ), no ring of fire, just got to enjoy the whole experience without pain !!!

My OB was dumbfounded on how I tore so much before. He said that it was perfectly fine for me to leave the hospital in the morning so that I could be home for Easter. Kaycee and I both left 24 hrs after her arrival. She is doing fantastic and I bounced right back - lifting and running after the kids. It was the perfect delivery and she is a perfect little baby .

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Last edited by cnote; April 8th, 2010 at 09:04 PM.
April 9th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! I only hope mine goes that smoothly!

April 9th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Congrats! Sounds like everything went perfect! Yay for no tearing!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 9th, 2010, 08:43 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Sounds like it was a very pleasant delivery and yay for no tearing!!

April 9th, 2010, 09:32 PM
AK Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats. BTW your little one and I have the same name just spelled differently,

April 9th, 2010, 11:20 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congrats on your beautiful little girl! I'm glad that your labor went well for you!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 10th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!

May 2nd, 2010, 08:41 AM
Baby #6 EDD 5/25/14
Hi, Carry!! Congrats on the arrival of Kaycee!! She is beautiful! I am so happy to hear that you were able to have a great l&d experience! I hope you and your family are all doing well!
Karen (34), mom to five (soon six) beautiful children....DS (15), DD (7), DS (6), DS (2), DD (5mos) and expecting baby #6 late May 2014!!!*Please do not mention on FB*

Pregnancy stats for baby #6, due late May 2014:
BFP (approx) 8dpo
(approx) 10dpo= HCG-31
(approx) 12dpo= HCG-123
(doubling time of 22.73 hours!!! )
8wk u/s appt scheduled for Oct. 14th

Prgnancy stats from baby #5:
13dpo= HCG-120, P4-20.5
19dpo= HCG-1427, (P4 was not taken again)
Doubling time = 40.31hrs
27dpo= HCG-19,935
Doubling = 50.47hrs (from 19dpo to 27dpo)
First doc appt & u/s scheduled for Sept 10th

pregnancy stats from baby #4:
12dpo= HCG 112
15dpo= HCG 586
Doubling time= 30.16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search