Kalon's Amazing Birth & Lots of Pics :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2010, 01:27 PM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Im sure a few of you are curious what in the heck happened! lol Just earlier that day I was posting about having nooo signs of labor. Well I ended up being induced Tuesday night..here it goes

Kalon's movements had slowed wayy down and I had spent the whole day worrying. Finally I around 6 I decided to call my dr and let her know I was headed to L&D to get it checked out. Drove myself because I figured it would just be an in and out thing..arrived there around 6pm. They monitored for awhile and everything looked great..did an NST and another BPP..according to everything he was a "very happy baby". It was still ALOT less movement than I usually felt. They were getting ready to send me home hen my dr came in to talk with me. She checked me..I was 2cm and 75%. Then she asked me if I had thought about being induced before the 2 week mark because she knew how worried I was. We aggred on Friday the 9th (1 day after my due date) She went to schedule it..but came back with the news that the only time avaliable was 4:30 in the morning. I was fine with that until she said.."So how about we just go ahead and do it tonight?" I jumped on that! lol About 30 mins later at exactly 12:25 am they started me on the Pit. I didnt start feeling contractions until about 3 am (of course right when I was trying to sleep) I had about 2 hrs of really hard contractions that didn't give me a break until they gave me the magical epi (when I hit 6cm) which honestly, in my opinion getting that thing done was the worst part of the whole thing...my contractions were soo intense and I had a hard time sitting still...so it took a couple tries But about 5 mins later I was feeling ahhhmazing. I slept for about an hour then things started getting crazy! My dr came in and checked me and I was right at 10cm and completely ready to go! She broke my water and let my contractions get a little more intesne. About 45 mins later it was time to push..30 mins of pushing and my most amazing little man was here. At 11:24 am (almost exactly 11 hrs after I started the pit) 7lbs 11oz 19 1/2in long. Head full of hair..eyes wide open just gazing at everything around..sooo alert. He is perfect.

Labor was absolutely amazing. I completely disagree with the common thinking that inductions are sooo horrible. The contractions were rough but I was able to get thru them just fine...and they didnt get REALLLY bad until about 30 mins before I got the epi. It wasn't long at all..I still cant believe how fast it really went.

We got home yesterday. He is doing great other than a little jaundice (level was 11.7...had to take him back to hospital today for another test should hear back soon) He is a total boob man....which is a good thing because mine have filled up to about 5 times their normal size lol. I am struggling with the circ..changing diapers with it gets me so nervous...but he seems to be dealing with it just fine. All in all we are doing pretty fantastic.

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

April 10th, 2010, 01:33 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Awww, he's so adorable!! I'm glad that you had an enjoyable labor!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 10th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
omg he is so freaking cute!
April 10th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
So cute! Thanks for sharing your story! It's good to hear about an induction that went perfect!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 10th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
He is adorable!!!! Congrats mama!!! <3

April 10th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! He is super cute! I like hearing good induction stories

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
April 10th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He's gorgeous! Congratulations

April 10th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that is awesome! he is so cute!!

April 10th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Super Mommy
glad he is here! congrat's!

April 10th, 2010, 04:31 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Wow, what a wonderful suprise she sprung on you! I would have jumped at that too!! Im so glad you had a wonderful birthing experience. Kalon is just too cute for words! Congrats and enjoy your beautiful baby boy, and get some rest too!
April 10th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He is precious! Congrats!

April 10th, 2010, 06:55 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
aawww, he is sooo cute! I too like hearing good induction stories! Thanks for sharing Annie and Congrats again!!!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

April 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh Annie!!!! What a beautiful little man!!! Congratulations!!!

I have to say that this time around on the pit drip wasn't that bad for me either, the contractions were intense but I still handled them much better than first time around.

Eli had his Circ yesterday and has peed AND pooped all over me 5 times since then when he has not done it once before!!! LOL my sister insists that he is voicing his opinion over the winkie whacking

Congrats again Momma!!! He is just beautiful!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
April 12th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! He's a cutie!!

April 22nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is so precious! Congrats again!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search