Log In Sign Up

Luke's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2010, 06:43 PM
JBmom88's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 607
I went for a long walk on the beach Tuesday morning with a friend and started having some contractions. The would come and go, so I figured they would fade away. We had lunch and went to a few stores. I got home, took a shower, and picked up DD from school.

I got home and let the dog out when I noticed the contractions were a little stronger so I started timing them at 7 minutes apart. I called my dr and he thought I should come get checked at L&D. So I dropped off DD to her grandpa, called DH and drove to the hospital. I had every intention of coming home that night I even took out dinner to thaw LOL!

Got to L&D around 5, and DH showed up while I was being monitored around 5:30pm. I was 2cm and 50%effaced at a -1. The dr said he wanted to pick up a few more contractions so he had us walk the hospital for 2 hours.. FUN! I was put back on the monitors and checked.. 3cm 70% effaced and -1. He gave us the choice to wait until our scheduled induction on Monday or just go ahead that night. We figured we were there so why not?

Started my penicilin around 7 for the group b and a low dose of pitocin(2). Around 1am my contractions were 4-5 mins apart and pretty painful so I opted for the epi. Went in no problem and slept for about an hour. The dr broke my water around 3 and my contractions totally stopped. He kept upping the pitocin but they were so sporadic and I was making no progress.

Finally around 11 am Wednesday and a new bag of pitocin, I started to feel tons of pressure. I was at 6cm 100% effaced and 1 station. Even through the epi I was feeling the contractions. My nurse finally told my my epi ran out and by the time the anesthesiologist would get down there I'd be pushing. OMG...

I went from 6 to 10 in about 30 mins. I pushed for another 30 mins and Luke came out at 12:10pm, very painfully, but perfect.

7lbs 8oz 20 inches. 9/9 on apgar.

I had a small 2nd degree tear that he stitched up (doesn't actually hurt too bad anymore). My only thing left numb from the epi was my right leg. It was "dead" for about 2 hours after he came out. I felt like the lady from Best in Show when I tried to walk the 1st time LOL!

Sorry that was so long, but a lot goes on in 19 hours! Totally different experience from DD's 6 hour labor.

Reply With Quote
April 10th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,367

Reply With Quote
April 11th, 2010, 05:13 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 8,110
Welcome to the world, Luke! And you dilated fast, woman, once that epi ran out! Congrats!

Reply With Quote
April 11th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,636
Congrats on your baby boy!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
Reply With Quote
April 11th, 2010, 11:29 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Offutt AFB, NE
Posts: 19,799
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
congrats! Welcome to the world Luke!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0