Rachel Claire (a little bit late I know...) UPDATED W/ PICS

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oops! this is a couple of weeks late but seriously, who knew a newborn could take up so much of your time!

So heres Rachels birth story.

At about 3am on March 31 I got up to go pee (probably for the 4th time that night) and when I got back to bed and laid down, I had a little gush of fluid. I thought that was a little weird since I JUST went to the bathroom so I went back and wiped and sure enough, there was some pinkish fluid there, and more was coming out. I went back to bed, thinking it was probably something else since I really had no labor signs but it just kept coming. DH's alarm for work went off at about 3:40am and once it did I turned on the light and told him I think my water broke. haha...what a great way for him to wake up! I called the hospital and they said to come in. They checked me to make sure it was amniotic fluid and checked for dialation (I was only 1 cm, 30% effaced) and admitted me.

I started pitocin at around 8 or 9 am and they were increasing it every 30 mins for about 2 hours. But by then I was having pretty wicked contractions. I got the nurse to check me and I was at 5cm, and in alot of pain so I went for the epi. After that was in the nurse check me again and I was at 7cm. The contractions after the epi were still really bothering me and then all I remember is I had one and with it the strongest urge to push. DH called the nurse who checked again and said that I was ready. They had to page my OB who was doing office hours about 30 mins away. I tried to power through the next few contractions but the urge to push was crazy. The nurse let me push through a few just to ease the pressure but even then she told me that I needed to stop cuz the baby was right there and the doctor wasnt. haha!

FINALLY my OB came and then it was game on. It felt really fast that she came out, but I def pulled an exorcist. At one point the nurse had to kind of scold me cuz I was pushing "wrong" bringing my butt off the table. I just remember it really hurting and everyone telling me to keep pushing and then it was done. She was out and I heard her cry and then they were weighing her and everything and my hubby was taking pictures and then they put her on my stomach. Really the whole thing is kind of a blur and was over less than 12 hours after my water broke.

My OB said I had a ".5 degree" tear so I had a couple of stitches which I have no recollection of him even putting in. Because she was a little on the small side (birth weight was 5 11) she was having some blood sugar issures. They kept having to prick her heel to test her blood sugar and then gave her some formula to try to raise it. They were talking about admitting her to the NICU because it wasn't going up but the NICU nurse said to give her more time. When they checked her that night she was good! She also had a little bit of a jaundice issue, but that seems to have worked itself out too. Last time we had her weight checked she was up to 5'6 (the lowest she got was 5'1) and we go tomorrow but I'm sure she's up more. She feels heavier to me and she eats all the time!

The funny thing is that I have a text I sent DH on the 28th saying I had a funny feeling the baby would be coming that week. And I guess from the 31 to the 1st the hosptial I was at was having a baby boom. The day I was discharged there were 19 other moms getting discharged and we had gotten the last room on the floor. Something to do with a combo of the full moon and a storm we were having was making peoples water break. haha! When you leave L&D to go upstairs they play a little chime to let people know a new baby has been born, and we heard that every hour it seemed the whole time we were there. It was crazy!

So that's it! It seemed alot more dramatic at the time, and I'm a little embarressed that I freaked out so bad on the delivery table but oh well. She's so perfect I would totally do it again! I haven't had time to put pics on photobucket but I will soon and post them!

here we go!

Last edited by taralyn; April 12th, 2010 at 05:01 PM.
April 12th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
and welcome to the world Rachel!
April 12th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing! And she is beautiful!

April 12th, 2010, 06:12 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Love the little birthday cake! What a cute idea!! Congrats!
April 12th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is a beautiful little peanut!! Congrats!!
April 12th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She is precious! Congrats!

April 12th, 2010, 10:40 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congrats!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 22nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! She is so sweet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search