Audrey Cecile - 4.7.10

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2010, 06:50 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On Tuesday, I woke up at 7 having painful contractions, but they only lasted until 8:30. My mom and I took the boys to school and went to breakfast. After breakfast we went to run some errands, and then I told her I had the urge to go home and clean my house from top to bottom! (This should have been my first clue) We came home and cleaned the crap out of my house for about three hours. I was having contractions most of the time, but nothing consistent or too painful. After we cleaned, we went to lunch and I was having a few contractions. I decided to go to my doc's office to get checked out instead of heading to L&D. At my doc's office, I was 4, almost 5 cm and having contractions every 4 minutes. The NP said to make my way to the hospital. After I left their office, the contractions slowed a lot, so we just went home. Once DH and I got the boys to bed, the contrax started again at 8:30, and continued every 2-3 minutes. After about an hour and a half, we decided to go to the hospital.

We got to the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitors. I was having contractions, but they weren't consistent at all. After an hr of monitoring, I got up and walked the hallways. I made absolutely no progress the whole time I was at the hospital. I did not like the nurse I had at all. She was just very condescending and abrasive, especially since she knew I wanted to do it naturally and had a birth plan. Basically, they said I could go home or stay there but if I stayed and still didn't make any progress, they would probably start me on pit in the morning. It was sooooo tempting to stay because it worked perfectly with timing that DH had already taken Wednesday off and my mom was there to take care of the boys, but in my heart, I really didn't want ANY interventions at all, so we decided to go home where I could eat and drink and sleep without the monitors. I knew that I would be really reluctant to come back to the hospital until I knew for sure she was going to be born that day. We got home around 1:35 and I had a bowl of cereal. I took an ambien and then took a bath. I was still having contractions and I think they were starting to pick up, but the ambien is some good stuff, because I fell asleep and slept for at least 4 hours. I woke up with contractions around 6 but fell back asleep until about 7:20. I was laying there thinking the contractions were painful and had to be making progress, so I got up and took a shower and got dressed. At that point, we were thinking we would go to my dr's appointment, which was scheduled for 8:30am. By about 7:45, they were hurting much worse, so DH got the kids in his car so my mom could take them to school and we left the house for the hospital around 8:00. That's when things got really intense. I was ok for the first 5 minutes of the drive, but by the time DH hit the highway, I was in a ton of pain. Looking back this was when I was in transition obviously. I always have that feeling that I want to stand up and get all the pressure off my bottom during transition, so I was holding onto the bar in the car, pulling my butt off the seat and starting to get very vocal during the contractions. That's the point that DH starting going about 70 to get us there.

He pulled up to the hospital at 8:20 and got me out of the car. As we were walking in the entrance of the hospital, there was a nurse just inside the door. She looked at us and right then a contraction hit. I could tell she was watching to see if she needed to help. About 20 seconds into the contraction, my water broke - there in the middle of the entrance to the hospital. I dropped to the ground because the contraction was so intense and once it was over, she grabbed a wheelchair and put me in it. I told them I was going to need to push soon. They wheeled me back and waited in the hall for DH to check me in. I was yelling at them telling them to get my husband and get me back there because I was getting ready to push. They got me to the room, after my contraction was over, I got undressed and into the bed. The nurse checked me and said, "yup, you're complete!" Duh! Right about then, the OB hospitalist walked in and said you can either wait for your doc to get here from his office right across the parking lot, or I can deliver this baby. Right then, I had another contraction and couldn't help but push, at which point he said, ok, I'll be delivering this baby! Then he asked me if I was planning on doing this naturally, and when DH said yes, I think he was relieved. Right about then, she started crowning, and the OB was great - he told me to slow down and give small pushes so that I wouldn't tear too badly. Once her head was out, she slid right out and started crying. Her apgars were 9 and 9. She was/is perfect! She weighed 6lb 12oz and was 18.5 inches long.

She's a really good baby. She only fusses when she's hungry and she only cries when she wants to go to sleep. Other than that, she's sooooo easy going! I hope it stays that way!

ok, for the part you really want.....

without further ado, here's Audrey Cecile:

Audrey with her brothers:

We tried a little photo shoot this morning...

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

April 12th, 2010, 07:15 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
What an amazing birth story! How awesome and quick it was! You go girl!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
April 12th, 2010, 09:37 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I said congrats in your other thread, but I just wanted to say it again!! She's beautiful!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 13th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

April 13th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing! What a beautiful little girl. Love the name!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

April 15th, 2010, 10:58 AM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is beautiful congrats!
April 22nd, 2010, 12:18 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on getting your med-free birth! Audrey is adorable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search