Happy Birthday Alyssa <3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Since Matt and I live in the stone age, we were w/o access to computers and our cell-phones are still from the 90's, so we can't surf the web on them. But I'm FINALLY A MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!

Alyssa Grace (I changed her middle name to Grace...June is still sweet, perhaps for my next baby). Anyways, Alyssa Grace was born at 11:30 p.m. on Sunday, April 11th. Here is her story:

Saturday night around 11 p.m. I started getting contractions...but I didn't know if they WERE contractions b/c like we all know, I didn't really have any all pregnancy. We went to a movie earlier that night and I did notice some BH contractions, which also were new, but that's all. So that started around 11 and I didn't sleep at all through them. They didn't hurt yet, but I was so excited/anxious/nervous. Matt luckily was able to sleep. I just layed in bed and daydreamed about things.

Then around 3 a.m. they started to hurt and my belly was tightening up, just like everyone described. So I knew this may be it. I woke Matt up and we called my OB just to make sure what I was feeling could possibly be contractions, and not gas from the large bag of pop-corn I scarfed down while watching Tina Fey and Steve Carrell on screen earlier that evening.

The doctor said it sounded like contractions, but they are obviously way far apart and I should take a shower to see if they soothe...if they calm down w/the water, they are false...and to just rest. So after I hung up, I got a shower and they started to come in the shower and didn't go away...so I said to myself "Well, I guess these are real, just far apart". So I did my thing here until about 6 a.m., all was well...just timing them and breathing through them...not sure what to expect and trying to not freak out. I called my mom around 6 and she came over...and we pretty much labored at home until about 11 a.m., when we called the doctor again and told him that they are getting stronger and more frequent and what should we do?

He told us to come to the hospital and the nurse will check me and he will decide if I should stay or go home.

We get to the hospital and I started to get really scared and as I was walking through the doors, there were all these pregnant mamas and their babies (it was discharge time when we happened to arrive)...I just about lost it and started crying right then and there in the entrance to the hospital and I wouldn't move. A nurse came up and asked if I needed a wheel chair and I just looked up at her w/tears streaming down my face and didn't say anything. My mom soothed me and finally moved my pregnant behind into a wheel chair, and off we went to the 11th floor.

I get checked...3 cm...dr. said to keep me and off we go to deliver my baby girl. I hop into the tub, and that was heaven...family came by and we chatted...contractions were getting stronger and nastier...I told the nurse I want an epidural and to make sure I don't miss any chance.

6 pm--5 cm. dilated (can't remember have effaced)...decided to get the epidural...I now know what those contractions are when they say "you can't speak through them"...I was having them about this time now....so now I know for future, so I can make sure I labor at home as long as possible.

Epidural was amazing...the dr. was amazing...it stung a little, but Matt was on the other side of me, rubbing my hands and telling me I was doing a great job and I just kept praying and it was wonderful. I am very happy I decided to get one.

So there we were, my mom, Matt, and I just waiting for Alyssa to come...they told us it prob. won't be until about 12 a.m. until we start to push based on how I'm going...but by 9:30, I was ready. I pushed for 2 hours, and my nurse was amazing and helping and again, just wonderful. I had a hard time feeling anything...I felt things..my legs were tingly the whole time...I never felt completely numb..but that urge to poop feeling...I had a hard time feeling that. But I just pushed like that anyways and prayed she'd work her way down.

11:20 p.m., the nurse said to stop pushing and she got the doctor and wow, let me tell ya, when baby is about to come out, it's hard to not push..my body wanted to push anyways. But in comes the doctor, and I shift my butt down the table and he drops the one part of the table off, so my legs and vagina are in the air and tells me to push...and that's what I did...I closed my eyes, thought of my baby girl, and pushed...my mom is on my right side telling me to "push, push, c'mon Kristin, you are doing it" and Matt is on my left side, whispering in my ear "I love you, you are amazing, c'mon mama" and then all of a sudden, I feel her come out and then she starts to cry, and I just LOST IT.

She had her umblicial cord around her neck and was covered in poop and they couldn't let her on me for long (but when he broke my water, they told me there was merconium, so the NICU would be here and I wouldn't get to hold her right away, so I knew all of this).

But they put her on my chest for a minute and I just cried and kept saying "my baby, my baby..and I looked up at Matt and he was crying and Alyssa was all green and I cried to him and said "this is our baby" and I wanted to kiss her green face so bad, but they wisked her away.

Matt went over and took pictures as they were cleaning her, and I looked at my mom and she kissed my forehead and said how proud she was of me and then I layed my head back and took the biggest sigh in the world and let the doctor clean me up. I was in a trance and couldn't have a care in the world. I tore..not sure how many stiches, but 2nd degree...dr. was stiching me up for about 20 minutes..I didn't care at all...b/c of the epi, I didn't feel a thing...Alyssa was getting cleaned, and examined during all of this, and I just stared at her and the nurses and the world felt like it was spinning around me.

Finally, it was my turn to hold her and it was the best feeling in the world...I will never forget that moment when they placed her into my arms and Matt leaned over and kissed me. <3

Sooo....at 11:30 p.m., after 24 hrs. of labor, my beautiful little girl came into this world and blessed us.

Alyssa Grace--8 lbs 7 oz., 21 1/4 inches long at 11 30 p.m. on Sunday, April 11th.

We are home now...I feel sore..my muscles are sore today...just like when you work out and get that soreness....my bottom is sore from the stiches and my nipples are sore from her...but she is latching on amazing. We are just going to take it day by day as far as feeding goes. Not sure when my milk will come in, but day by day...that's our motto. We have our first ped. appt. on Friday.

Here are some pictures:

Alyssa getting cleaned up:

Matt holding her for the first time

Dreaming peacefully after a long night in the birth canal..lol...she drools just like her mama (but to MY defense, that's b/c I was 10 months pregnant and couldn't breath)

Ready for her glamour shots---hmm...notice she already has her hand up to her mouth..almost looking like she's about to talk and tell the world what she thinks of being born...ahh Matt, poor guy...he's going to now have two ladies talking his ear off

And then finally...my turn to hold my beautiful sweet Alyssa...this is what life is all about <3

April 13th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so happy for you Kristin! She is absolutely beautiful!

April 13th, 2010, 01:55 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
She is adorable!! And Riley has that blue dress... it's so cute!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
April 13th, 2010, 01:59 PM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AWWWW Kristen what an amazing story. I have tear filled eyes. So happy for you and your DH!
April 13th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Super Mommy
What a beautiful sweet dainty girl!! She's beautiful!! Congrats again!
April 13th, 2010, 02:04 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
OMG, she is absolutely adorable!! Congrats! I am so extremely happy for you! All the waiting in the world was worth it, wasnt it?
April 13th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She's so stinkin cute!!! congrats hun, and YAY for not having to be induced after all!!!!!

April 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have teared filled eyes too* You are going to be such an amazing Mommy**** You are so amazing on this board! Thank you for all your support. I am sooo happy for you and Matt and your new family.

OH my goodness is she beautiful*****
April 13th, 2010, 02:20 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
She is soo cute! That story made me cry! I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

April 13th, 2010, 02:24 PM
jojobug414's Avatar Mommy to a Miracle
She is soooo beautiful! I'm so glad everything went so well for you. Congrats!

April 13th, 2010, 02:26 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You did it Kristin!!! I'm so happy for you! She is just beautiful!!! Congratulations.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 13th, 2010, 02:43 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
AWW she is beautiful!! im so happy for you

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

April 13th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
She is absolutley beautiful! Sounds like you did an amazing job!! You going into labor naturally after having no progression is definitely an inspiration to me!! Enjoy your baby girl!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 13th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kristin I am so happy for you! And you were so sure you were going to be induced

She is gorgeous!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

April 13th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She's so beautiful!! Congrats again!

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

April 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! You are amazing and your little girl is beautiful.

April 13th, 2010, 04:08 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I am sooooo happy and excited for you, Kristin!!! My eyes were totally tearing up when I read that!! Alyssa is gorgeous, just like her mommy! CONGRATULATIONS!!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 13th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
omg She's beautiful Kristen! Congrats!!! I knew you'd go into labor on your own. What a wonderful story.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

April 13th, 2010, 06:17 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kristin she's beautiful!! Nice job momma
April 13th, 2010, 07:22 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
She's so beautiful! Congrats Kristin!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search