Audrey Ella's arrival into the world :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 05:07 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
We got to the hospital at 11:30 AM, and the pitocin was started at 12. It started off really easily. The doctor broke my water around the same time as the pitocin was started. The contractions didn't feel anything like they felt with my son..This labor and delivery went FAST. Before I knew it, I was almost 6cm, and ready to get the epidural, even though the pain wasn't that bad, the nurse recommended it at that time, because I was progressing quickly. (I was already 3cm when I got there) The epidural went pretty smoothly, but only worked half way--again. It happened with my son too, except I think it worked better with him. My right leg was completely numb, but my right leg wasn't..It however worked enough that I could tell the contractions were definitly getting stronger, but couldn't feel it as bad.. until it got to be time to push.. It was as though the epidural just quit working all together..The contractions got to that pain that I forgot about with my son. I was 10cm, and time to push, and it was really hard because the contractions were really spaced out for some reason... Everyone litterally stood around waiting for the next one to come... I kept having an awful pressure on my bladder, and when the baby's head came out, that epidural was out the door, I felt EVERYTHING. The baby WAS indeed sunny-side up, and her face was pressing right on my bladder, pelvic bone, everything. When she came out her face was bright purple, and the cord was indeed wrapped around her neck, not once, but THREE times. It is a really good thing I didn't know that while I was pregnant, lol, because I was a complete nutcase pregnant. I didn't see this, but my husband did, and I felt the doctor unwrapping the cord.. I wasn't sure I should mention the cord thing, because I don't want to scare anyone... She however pinked right up when they put her on my belly, and she was screaming away. She was born at 4:21pm.. From start to finish, labor only lasted just under 4 1/2 hours, and I pushed for about 20 minutes. She was 7lbs, 4oz, 20 inches long.. She was alot smaller than I expected, because my son was alot bigger than her.. No one expected her to be over 7lbs, and by the time we left the hospital, she was 6lbs 12oz. Her poor little head and nose were bruised, but by the time we went home, everything was almost completely healed up. She has a really good set of lungs on her because she did nothing but scream, and nurse for hours after she was born lol. She was very alert and opened her eyes to the world right away!

It was a really easy labor and delivery overall, and I didn't even tear.. The doctor kept pushing his fingers against my perineum, I think to prevent me from tearing, because it was really really annoying me, and I have no idea why he would've done it otherwise. Oh, best thing of all, my hemmorrhoids have yet to hurt me!! LOL Which if anyone saw my posts, knows that I was really concerned about this! Weird that pushing didn't cause damage. Thats all for now!
April 13th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww congrats Mama! It's amazing how different it is the 2nd time around huh?

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

April 13th, 2010, 07:39 PM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Glad it was so short!
April 13th, 2010, 08:02 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Congrats!!
April 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congrats, Kristi!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 14th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

April 15th, 2010, 10:59 AM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats
April 22nd, 2010, 12:22 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! Sorry about the epi wearing off but that's awesome how quick it all went and no tearing!! I hope i'm as lucky!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search