Ashlyn Victoria (really long)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2010, 08:18 PM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
Ok now that I'm home I think I can finally do this.

So on Monday night before bed I decided to take a bath and did some nipple stimulation. I had a few contractions but that was all. I then decided to spend some alone time with me since getting my bf to DTD is like pulling teeth. That did nothing but frustrate me. Finally I decided to use my pump for a few minutes but stopped when I thought it was going to rip my nipple off. Again...nothing happened. I went to sleep at midnight pissed off thinking I for sure was going to have to get induced the next day.

My bf came to bed at like 2:30am and woke me up so I decided to read a book. At 3:05am I started noticing contractions. I stayed up until 4:30 so I could see if they were actual contractions or BH which wouldn't have been going on that long...they were still around and were about 15-20 minutes apart. I finally went back to sleep until 7:30am and the contractions were still going on and were getting stronger but still pretty far apart. Got myself ready for my 8am doctor appt still partially expecting to hear that nothing had changed.

So I go to my appt. and they start strapping me up to do a NST when my midwife comes in and asks me some questions so I mention the contractions which excites her. The NST gets canceled for the time being since she wants to examine me. At that point I was dilated 2cm and she confirmed it for me...I was in early labor! I then got rehooked up for the NST and was sent on my way. She said if my contractions got really bad to go into labor & delivery but since the induction was scheduled I had to go in at 9pm regardless (once I heard labor I forgot that I wanted to talk to her about the induction).

I carried on like normal. Went to iHop with my bf, his sis and their father. By the time we left my contractions were about 5 minutes apart but not too bad when it came to pain. We went back to my place since my mom was there waiting for us and I sat for a little while and things seemed to stall. My contractions were back to about 10 minutes apart so we went for a walk. I peed myself from laughing so we came back lol. then we went for another walk. During the walks my contractions were 3 minutes apart and lasting almost 2 minutes but once we got me back inside they spaced back out and weren't as painful. I end up nodding off on the couch when i hear my bf's sister say that had she known that I wasn't going to be cooperative & walk this baby out of me then she would've stayed at work (she was our ride & trust me...we walked A LOT & I was exhausted on basically no sleep). Well Ashlyn doesn't like people talking meanly about her momma because that's when the real fun began!

I woke up to a contraction and was in so much pain I was shaking. My bf & I decided to go for one last walk but I barely made it to the neighbors before I am doubled over in pain from a contraction. 3 min. later another and 3 min after that...another. I was so scared that I was about to pop right there but HAD to shower first so I did while they called L&D letting them know what was going on. We get everything in the car and off we go.

When I get admitted I was told that I was almost 3 cm and I noticed my contractions had slowed down. I got an epidural and they slowed down even more so my bf & I decide to let them do Pitocin to get things moving along. A few hrs later I was 6 cm and 100% effaced. with lots of butt pressure which sucked. Finally at a little bit before 3 am they checked me and all I had was a little lip of my cervix left so they decide to just push it aside while I pushed. After 6 pushes they scrambled to get the Doc since I got her down real quick. 6 pushes after that Ashlyn came out! I felt some pain but other than that was totally fine.

Ashlyn was born April 14th at 3:02 am. She came in at 7lbs 2.2 oz. and is 19 inches. I cried immediately after from being so happy.

I didn't have a vaginal tear but a labial one. Not sure how that happens but it hurts...a lot. My left leg was basically dead to the world for 9 hrs so now it's swollen. My foot is scary looking. I can't curl my toes upwards & it hurts to touch it.

So yea...I think that's it. Sorry it's so long. I'm off to feed my princess.

April 16th, 2010, 09:21 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congrats on your little girl!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 17th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!

April 17th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Congrats! Glad your body started everything on its own!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 17th, 2010, 05:28 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Congrats!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

April 22nd, 2010, 01:01 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your baby girl! Thanks for sharing your story!

April 25th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search