My Rainbow Baby Thomas (warning? mentions previous stillbirth)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2010, 04:49 PM
lilflower
At 1am I realized something was wrong. I had been peacefully laboring at home when out of the blue I felt a twist during my contraction. I had been laboring all day with no problems, but I knew he shouldn't be moving. The twisting didn't stop so I decided to get to the hospital ASAP. I got there and I was 7cm dilated and complete and my water had broken. I had a forebag also (mentioned later). I got hooked up to the monitors to see how often and blahblah my contractions were coming and how long they were lasting. I was writhing in pain having to lay down. Then it happened. It literally ALL fell apart. Two nurses rushed in and strapped oxygen on my face and started flipping me from side to side. Nobody would tell me what was going on. I asked them if I could get up on my hands and knees and THANKFULLY they let me. Laying just wasn't helping and it hurt SO bad. Then I looked up and noticed that my room was full of DRs and nurses. I was so upset. I had at least 8 cervical checks within an hour and that wasn't including when the OB ruptured my forebag and screwed internal monitors in my head. I felt violated. Nobody asked me if they could touch me, or even warned me that they were going to. And it seemed like they would only be checking me during a contraction. I was forced to lay back down on my back while they checked my blood pressure and sugar. My sugar was only 52 and my BP was low. My little boys heartbeat just would not come up. It was dipping down into the 40s and 50s during contractions and only coming up to about 103 at highest in between them. But they were on top of each other. So it seemed his heart rate would just NOT come up. Finally I asked if it was too late to change my mind about pain medicine and they said yes. I was devastated. I needed to pee and I asked to get up but they wouldn't let me. (I think I ended up peeing on the OB during the next check). Finally it was time to push. I said it was time to push anyways. They checked again and he was at a +4, his head just a few seconds from crowning. And then I pushed. It didn't take very long at all. He was born at 3:43am after just 2 minutes of pushing. He came out in a brow face presentation. His eye, nose and forehead first...and his shoulders were vertical. The cord was wrapped twice around his neck and waist. They couldn't slip the cord around his neck because it was wrapped too tightly around his waist. I wasn't able to delay cord clamping at all. Miraculously....I am okay now and acquired zero tearing and Thomas was okay. They told me had I waited even another half hour he wouldn't have made it. And there for a while I was sure he wasn't going to make it. My rainbow baby is truly a miracle. And I know his brother must have been looking out for both of us, because I seriously "just knew" that I HAD to get to a hospital and FAST.

Thanks for reading.

eta: internal monitors in Thomas's head, not mine but I'm sure you guys know that lol.

Last edited by lilflower; April 18th, 2010 at 09:04 PM.
April 18th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Super Mommy
Lurking from May DDC... That is amazing!! Congrats! I was crying. I love that you trusted your instincts and that your sweet one is healthy and here.
Luceas 09/30/06
Julia 08/29/08
Chance 05/15/10
April 18th, 2010, 05:01 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh wow Lil!!! So glad that you both came away from that experience safely!!! Great job following your instincts, I'm sure that Noah was watching over both of you very closely!!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
April 18th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is awesome! I am so very glad everything turned out okay.

April 18th, 2010, 08:10 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I'm sorry it wasn't the labor you wanted, but am SO glad you both ended up ok. Congratulations!
Caroline - November '12

April 18th, 2010, 08:16 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lil-
Your post made me cry, that is so scary, I'm so so sorry that it happened like that, but am so thankful that your little baby Thomas made it here and is now safe...
You are so brave...
April 19th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Congrast on your baby boy! Glad you both are ok!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 19th, 2010, 10:48 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh, Lily!! I'm so glad that you are both ok! Congratulations again on your beautiful little miracle!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
April 19th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is incredible. Way to go trusting your instincts, mama! So glad you and Thomas are doing well now.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

April 19th, 2010, 07:40 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
glad you got there in time and both of you are doing well. his brother was definitely watching out for you both!
April 20th, 2010, 06:45 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Congrats! I've been following your story since you were TTC last year...he is beautiful!
April 20th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad everything turned out okay! Congrats on baby Thomas!

April 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So so scary and I'm just relieved all was okay in the end. Kudos to you for staying intune with your body and knowing that something was up. You mindfulness is what saved the day. Congrats on your little boy. I'm sorry this wasn't a true healing birth for you, but I'm just so happy your beautiful boy is here with you. Enjoy falling in love!
April 22nd, 2010, 05:44 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congratulations, Lil! You are sooo strong! I can't imagine how you must have felt, but I am so glad that you trusted your instincts and got to the hospital. Thomas is so handsome!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 22nd, 2010, 08:30 PM
Popping in from May. Your son is beautiful! Congratulations!
April 23rd, 2010, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything is okay. He's so precious. Congrats mama.

April 23rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Lily! Visiting from your old August 09 DDC. Congratulations-- I am so excited for you!! I am glad you are both okay.
Iím rocking my baby and babies donít keep.
April 23rd, 2010, 01:48 PM
Declyn&Me's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lil thats amazing!! Congratulations!!
Your such a great mommy! your instincts are right on!
He really is a beautiful baby

Thank you Graysmama!!
April 23rd, 2010, 02:16 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
Glad you trusted your gut!! hes amazingly beautiful!! Looks like a little doll! I know it wasnt the birth you wanted, but hes here and healthy and thats what truely matters in the end. (I know doesnt help...)

url=http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/03/01/2015][/url]Make a pregnancy ticker

April 23rd, 2010, 03:52 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is amazing! I'm sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted, but I'm so very glad you trusted your instincts and that Thomas is safe and sound! He is just precious!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search