Levi Jackson

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2010, 05:54 AM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
I know it's been a week and a half, but i figured better late than never.

When I went for my 39 week appt. on April 6th, they did an ultrasound and determined that Levi was almost 9lbs. The doctor didn't want me to go until my due date. I was supposed to go to the hospital on April 7th to start Cervidil before they started Pitocin the next morning, but apparently the hospital has a new policy where they won't start Cevidil before 40 weeks anymore (and I was only 4 days from that). So, I went in at 5:30 on the 8th and started the Pitocin. I was contracting pretty good, and was dilating at a good rate up until about noon, then stayed at 4 cm for the next 4 hours. My cervix wasn't opening up (no thanks to their new rule) and they said that the baby's head was starting to swell a bit b/c he couldn't come down any farther. Weird thing was that about the last hour before they took me for my c-section, Levi started to back up into my ribs. I had carried him low the entire pregnancy, but while I was in labor, it looked like someone had taken a basketball, put it in my hospital gown, and pushed it up under my boobs. He really didn't want to come down! Anyway, a little after 4, they doc decided that they needed to do a c-section and didn't want to wait anytime. At the time I didn't know this, but once they took my hubby and myself out of the room, the nurse told our mothers that the baby's heartbeat was really erratic and that's why they were in such a hurry to get him out, they just didn't tell us b/c they didn't want to worry us. So, we were taken for the c-section. Of course they made my hubby wait in the hall for a few minutes while they got me ready, and by the time he came in and sat down, the doctor was telling him to get his camera ready and they were popping the baby out. They had started cutting before he even came in the room. They showed me my sweet boy, then cleaned him, weighed him, swaddled him, and gave him to dad. Apparently he looked really good because after that he never left our side until late that night when they took him for a bath. Meanwhile, I was laid out on the table getting stitched up, wishing I could hold my baby. The worst part was, while the doc was working, I had to throw up. Not an easy thing to do when you're flat on your back and can't move. All I could do was turn my head sideways while one of the nurses held up a little bowl to get sick in. Went to recovery for about 45 minutes, then we went to our room. Stayed until Sunday.

Levi Jackson was born on 4/8 at 4:48 and weighed 8lbs 8 oz. Funny thing is, we also stayed in room 408, so I think that maybe his lucky numbers will be 4 and 8.

So, thanks for reading. Hope it wasn't boring.

April 19th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie! Thanks for sharing your story.

April 22nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Awwww! He's so adorable! Congrats on your little man.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 22nd, 2010, 07:38 PM

Our Little Miracle!
Addyson Faith - 5/5/10 @ 4:54pm
7 lbs. 15 oz. 20.5 in.

Heartstrings - Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support
April 23rd, 2010, 02:44 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is too cute! Congrats!

April 25th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He is just beautiful! Glad he came out safely . Congratulations!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search