Chase's Big Arrival!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2010, 12:09 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to bed Sunday night ready to get up bright and early Monday morning for my 7 am induction. I was so excited and not a bit nervous. I woke up at 2:05 am and felt what I thought was a strong kick followed by discharge. For a split second I thought, could that have been my water breaking? I immediately decided it wasn’t b/c it was such a small amount of discharge I felt, but before I could think twice about it it started to gush everywhere…it was definitely my water breaking! I woke up Joe and told him I thought my water just broke and went to the bathroom. I had no idea how much water it would be! I had to get a bath towel to put under me just to get up out of bed to make it to the bathroom. I took a shower and dried my hair while Joe called the hospital to tell them we were on our way. At this point I was not feeling any contractions.

We left for the hospital at 3:00 am and by the time we got there (it is only 10-15 minutes away) I was beginning to feel contractions that were starting to get pretty painful. I couldn’t believe how quickly they came on. Once I was checked into my room I swear the pain went from bearable to unbearable in a period of 30 minutes. The nurse would not let me get my epidural until I was a 4, I was only a 3 at this time, and I did not know how I was going to get through it. I was throwing up a bunch and the nurse kept urging me to walk around b/c that would speed up my dilation. I could barely concentrate on breathing so I had no idea how that was going to work. I tried to walk around for a little bit but every time I had a contraction I had to lay down on my hands and knees on the floor and throw up to get through it. I was in tears and seriously did not know how I was going to get through it. I told Joe I couldn’t walk around anymore and we went back into the room. I told the nurse through tears that I couldn’t bear the pain, she checked me, said I was a 4, and then called the anesthesiologist. Well that man was my best friend! Within 10 minutes I was feeling no pain! It was 6:15 am when I got my epidural…those 3 hours before were the most painful hours of my life!

I was checked an hour later and had gone from a 4 to a 9! The doctor came in and told me we would have a baby by noon, but then everything slowed down. I was checked at 11 and was told I was a 9.75 and we would start pushing at noon. They wanted me to move the baby down on my own instead of through pushing b.c they said it would help conserve my energy. By the time noon rolled around I was so bored and ready to push! As soon as I started the nurse noticed my contractions were slowing down, only coming every 5-7 minutes. She said we would never get anywhere at that rate and gave me pitocin, which only worked a little bit to speed them up. I pushed for 2 hours. Towards the end I started to feel the contractions coming on but thought it was normal b/c it really only felt like pressure. By the time the doctor came in thing were getting a little uncomfortable. He quickly realized baby was face up…this is where everything got miserable! He was trying to turn the baby and it hurt soo bad. I was in so much pain but he didn’t want to up my epidural because he was afraid I wouldn’t be able to feel anything to push. The last 20-30 minutes of pushing I thought I was going to die! The doctor had to use forceps to get baby out-very painful for me! I do not know how I got through the pain of those forceps. I was crying so hard I thought I was going to lose it. I knew things were getting serious when they had to call the pediatrician in and when my doctor who is always laid back and calm had to tell me how important and vital these next 2 pushes were going to be. The first push did nothing and the doc. said we might be headed to the OR for a c-section. Luckily the 2nd push was enough and baby’s head came out….OMG the relief I had at that moment is indescribable. The rest was cake although I had a 3rd degree episiotomy…I didn’t care. I was no longer in excruciating pain and my baby was here, safe and sound. Chase was born at 2:15 pm on his due date. He had the BIGGEST bruise on his head from pushing against my pelvis on his way down, it was the saddest thing ever, but it healed so quickly. Looking back, had I not had the complication of baby being face up, I think pushing would have been fine. My doc. tells me that I would have had no problems getting him out on my own if it weren’t for his positioning. I pray that my next delivery is much less eventful and that baby is face down!

After my experience I have so much respect for anyone who can do this naturally. There is not a chance in a million years I would have been able to do that. Seriously…I kept telling Joe I think I would have died had I had to go through labor without an epidural. I told him I thought my heart would have stopped from the pain! I am not exaggerating…it was so terrible for me. I know labor is different for everyone so I am not trying to freak anyone out who has not had their baby yet. The nurses and doctors at the hospital were great, I would not have survived without them!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

April 25th, 2010, 03:02 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Wow, sorry to hear that your labor was very painful. Yikes, I cant believe you pushed for two whole hrs girl! I thought I would lose it pushing for 20 minutes! Michael was also facing the wrong way which is why it was so hard for me to push compared to my last two deliveries. Im glad you both are safe and your at home enjoying every bit of it. Congrats again!! Chase is adorable!
April 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm sorry you had such a rough labor! Congrats on your little boy arriving safely, though!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 25th, 2010, 06:44 PM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry your labor was so rough!! My epi didn't work and was forced to give birth naturally.. the most painful thing ever. I don't know why people do it on purpose!!
I hope your next delivery is easier. But doesn't the memory of the pain fade a little bit afterwards? A year from now you won't remember.

Welcome Chase!!

April 25th, 2010, 08:35 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad he is here safely!!!! By chance did you deliver at St. John's??? I ask because I had a few of my babies there and they had the "4 centimeter rule" and I couldn't ever get an epi until I was at four. Sorry to hear you were in so much pain!!! Glad you are happy and recovered now! Congrats on your beautiful boy!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 25th, 2010, 09:00 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Sorry your labor was so painful, mine was the same this time, but the first time it wasn't as bad. I have no clue how people do it naturally either.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

April 25th, 2010, 11:32 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had Chase at Progress West out here in O Fallon...I actually loved the hospital and all of my nurses...I don't know why they made me wait till I was a 4 but I was not a fan of that rule!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

April 26th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sounds painful! Yep - the epidural gal was my best friend! Congrats again.

April 26th, 2010, 09:29 AM
You are such a trooper! Congratulation on the birth of your baby!
April 26th, 2010, 11:31 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I am right there with you as far as wondering how women can do it naturally. I got to 4 on my own and then I couldn't stand it anymore and asked for the epi. I wonder why they made you wait until you were 4 though, my nurse told me I could get it at anytime? Glad your baby boy is with you now, healthy safe and sound.

April 26th, 2010, 01:16 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a rough labor! Sorry about the forceps and episiotomy. I'm glad he got here safely! Congrats hun!

April 26th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
My doc also made me wait til I was 4 cm b4 he would let me have my epi!!! Sorry it was so rough in the end and they had to use forceps! Hope you and baby Chase are doing wonderfully now!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 26th, 2010, 10:17 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Wow! How tough But you did it! You made it! Congrats!!

With my first DD, my Dr. would let you have narcotic pain killers at 4 cm and epi at 5! I was induced and it was ROUGH! So I know the pain... congrats again! He's a cute for sure!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search